Greatest Batman: The Animated Series Episode

Started by Avaitor, December 28, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Avaitor

Man, I just love Mad Hatter for whatever reason. He didn't even do a lot at the end of the day, but he always left an impression whenever he was on, even just in cameos.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

All I need is one more vote, and we're ready to start the next round.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Appointment in Crime Alley- 12
The Cat and the Claw- 5
Mad as a Hatter- 13

"Mad as a Hatter" makes it to the next round.

Match 11-

Night of the Ninja

Mean Seasons

Girls' Night Out

Girls' Night Out- A bit of a guilty pleasure, I just really enjoy this one for some reason.
Night of the Ninja- It's a decent one, but after a couple of viewings, its usefulness just about finished for me.
Mean Seasons- I don't remember this one being bad or anything, but I don't remember nearly as much about it as the other two, so I'll stick it here.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mean Seasons is that episode where an "aging" model goes around committing crimes for some reason that I don't remember and is resentful because she is aging and wheres a mask because she does not want anyone to see her hideous face. In the end her face is revealed and everyone sees that she looks perfectly fine, but the moral is that she only looks for the flaws and that's all she sees. Its a pretty basic episode.

As for my vote, I'm once again seconding what Avaitor put down.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 05, 2013, 07:05:25 PM
Mean Seasons is that episode where an "aging" model goes around committing crime for some reason that I don't remember and is resentful because she is aging and wheres a mask because she does not anyone to see her hideous face. In the end her face is revealed and everyone sees that she looks perfectly fine, but the moral is that she only looks for the flaws and that's all she sees. Its a pretty basic episode.
I had a feeling this was the one. This is one of the few episodes that I distinctly remember watching as a kid, but even then, it never left much of an impression on me.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'll go with the same, but I did enjoy Mean Seasons for that reason.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 05, 2013, 10:37:00 PM
I'll go with the same, but I did enjoy Mean Seasons for that reason.

Its a decent episode for what it is. There's just nothing too special about it that makes it stand out from the series' best episodes.

Avaitor

Night of the Ninja- 6
Mean Season- 3
Girls' Night Out- 9

"Girls' Night Out" makes it to the next round.

Match 12-

Heart of Steel

Deep Freeze

Make 'Em Laugh

Deep Freeze- A great follow-up to "Heart of Ice".
Make 'Em Laugh- Not an especially good episode, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get a few laughs out of it.
Heart of Steel- I really don't like this one though.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Once again, same as Avaitor.

To be honest, most of these matches so far have kind of brought up how many duds BTAS has, which is why I always said that I considered it to be a tad overrated by most fans. Don't get me wrong, the series's great episodes are still among the best that animation possibly has to offer, but only a certain portion of the series is truly great, and I don't think its right to ignore that a sizable portion is filled with half-baked stuff, as well. That's why I personally feel that there are some shows that have surpassed BTAS since its glory days.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

Heart of Steel- 6
Deep Freeze- 11
Make 'Em Laugh- 7

"Deep Freeze" makes it to the next round.

Match 13-

Birds of a Feather

Harley's Holiday

A Bullet for Bullock

A Bullet for Bullock- A really strong change of pace episode.
Birds of a Feather- This is probably the only solo Penguin episode I can not only tolerate, but actually kind of like.
Harley's Holiday- Also a good episode, but not as strong of a near-reformation episode as "Birds of a Feather" or "Second Chance". This round does probe that even though the show has duds, it has just as many, if not much more, strong episodes to even out the bad, though.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Once again, same as Avaitor.

Birds of a Feather is a decent episode, but I still don't really think its close to a top 10 despite the Nostalgia Critic putting it on his list. The idea of humanizing one of the villains has been done better for other villains in this show, IMO. I mean, its done fine in this episode for the Penguin, but I just think that there are better examples of the show doing this right in other episodes.