Greatest Batman: The Animated Series Episode

Started by Avaitor, December 28, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

Birds of a Feather- 8
Harley's Holiday- 4
A Bullet for Bullock- 12

The big guy's episode makes it to the next round

Match 14-

Cult of the Cat

Eternal Youth

The Last Laugh

Eternal Youth- This is one of the closest times we get to having an episode with Alfred as the main focus, and... it's okay.
The Last Laugh- Pretty goofy, and not exactly in a good way, but I have a soft spot for it, since it was one of my favorites as a kid for whatever reason.
Cult of the Cat- I remember talking to Daft after he watched all of the show again, and he told me that he thought Catwoman's episodes were some of the strongest. Don't know what the hell he was on.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Cult of the Cat- 3
Eternal Youth- 9
The Last Laugh- 6

"Eternal Youth" makes it to the next round.

Match 15-

Joker's Favor

Batgirl Returns

Old Wounds

Jokers Favor- The first really good Joker episode, IMO
Old Wounds- Worth it just for Alfred's line in the Batcave
Batgirl Returns- A decent enough episode, but nothing too special, especially when you realize how underwhelming it is as a series finale for B:TAS
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

The Shadow Gentleman

Avaitor

Joker's Favor- 8
Batgirl Returns- 5
Old Wounds- 11

"Old Wounds" makes it to the next round.

Match 16-

I've Got Batman in My Basement

Heart of Ice

Harley & Ivy

Heart of Ice- I remember on tz, Disneyboy once tried to say that this episode couldn't be one of the show's best because it has a couple of animation errors. Give. Me. A. Break.
Harley & Ivy- So much fun, if all but a handful of other episodes were in this match instead, this would have been an easy first.
I've Got Batman in My Basement- Two of the best episodes of the show vs one of the very worst. I wonder what I'm going to rank last.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Come on man, this is the most obvious round.

Heart of Ice
Harley & Ivy
I've Got Batman in My Basement

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Same as Avaitor....

....I HATE....I MEAN WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I FUCKING HHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTEEEE!!!!.....

....that episode which shall not be named. :srs:

Avaitor

What if I pulled the twist of all twists and switched that episode with "World's Finest" instead?

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2013, 08:30:11 PM
What if I pulled the twist of all twists and switched that episode with "World's Finest" instead?

World's Finest is officially a Superman: The Animated Series 3-part episode, so it wouldn't count for a thread strictly dedicated to picking the best Batman: The Animated Series episodes.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 14, 2013, 08:34:23 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

World's Finest is officially a Superman: The Animated Series 2-part episode, so it wouldn't count for a thread strictly dedicated to picking the best Batman: The Animated Series episodes.
It's a three-parter actually, but yeah, I know. I'm just saying, wouldn't it have been a interesting twist?

I actually did consider adding the episodes of S:TAS with Batman in at one point, though, but decided against it.

New blog!