Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Movies

Started by GregX, February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I prefer Terminator 2, myself, though I'm also a fan of both movies.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on February 09, 2013, 04:30:41 PM
And while we're at it, I prefer the first Terminator to T2.
Something about it just makes it all that more eerie, but I also think I prefer it to the sequel, though the sequel was good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I wonder if any cinema professors have used both films to discuss the changes in special effects from older films to today. You'd think that showing both in succession would make for the perfect counterbalance for such a lesson.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

One thing I do like better about the late 70s and 80s in regards to film is the style of film they use. Unsolved Mysteries used the same film and it makes everything seem a bit more realistic yet warm at the same time. It can be quite disarming.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Lately, I've been thinking that if I really like a book, then the chances of me wanting to see its adaptation are pretty slim. At least with particular series. There are some things that I want to keep in my mind the way I read them, and that's it.

So basically, I refuse to ever watch Jackson's LOTR movies, Game of Thrones, or either versions of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can sort of understand where you're coming from, though in the case of LOTR, while I enjoyed the books, I hardly found any of them to be perfect, (and if I'm to be honest, nothing else that Tolkien wrote outside of LOTR and The Hobbit could manage to hold my interest) which is why I was fine with seeing a film adaptation of it. If its something I really love, though, then yeah, I can't help but feel that I'd rather enjoy the book for what it is and skip out on the movie, as in that case its pointless to me if I know that it can't measure up to being as good as the book (from my perspective).

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2013, 04:16:20 PM
So basically, I refuse to ever watch Jackson's LOTR movies, Game of Thrones, or either versions of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Avaitor

y'no, I'm actually very attracted  to Emilia Clarke, so I might have to change that around.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I'm actually in the camp that thinks the LotR movies are better than the books.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2013, 04:49:20 PM
y'no, I'm actually very attracted  to Emilia Clarke, so I might have to change that around.
Now to mention how GRRM's written a few episodes and has been mostly hands-on for the show's run.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 27, 2013, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2013, 04:49:20 PM
Now to mention how GRRM's written a few episodes and has been mostly hands-on for the show's run.
Well yeah, I know that, and I know that he has went out of his way to make sure that the show takes some liberties with its adaptations of the books, but I dunno.

I'll probably get into it at same point, but I'm also not crazy on watching such heavy stuff on my computer. I get too distracted easily.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 03, 2013, 07:48:33 PM
-Spider-Man 3 isn't really any more goofy or ridiculous than the other Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. If you hated all of his SM movies in general, then it makes perfect sense to hate SM3 as well, but for people who got some fun out of his goofier take on the character (like myself), then SM3 really isn't that bad of a movie (I enjoyed it more than 2, if nothing else), yet people still insist that the first 2 movies are masterpieces and somehow the 3rd one is the only one with all of the problems.
I don't think the first two movies are masterpieces and Spider-Man 3 is undefendable shit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 19, 2013, 02:12:55 PM
I don't think the first two movies are masterpieces and Spider-Man 3 is undefendable shit.

Way to respond to a post that I made months ago, dumb-shit.

Also, read the title of this thread, and then consider what little sense there is for your response in the first place. But then again, it'd probably be asking too much of you to use just a little bit of common sense, wouldn't it? :>

Daxdiv

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 19, 2013, 05:09:27 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 19, 2013, 02:12:55 PM

Way to respond to a post that I made months ago, dumb-shit.

Also, read the title of this thread, and then consider what little sense there is for your response in the first place. But then again, it'd probably be asking too much of you to use just a little bit of common sense, wouldn't it? :>

That's our GunSwordFist. *plays cheesy music*  :awesome:

Peanutbutter

Forrest Gump is a great movie and deserved its Oscar.