Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

The concept of a hard left varies though. Most Marxists I talked to earlier during the primaries hated Sanders, considering him a frail weakling who wouldn't change anything, and preferred Clinton seeing her as monstrous. Modern liberalism needs to be redefined if it's this self-defeating, but the loudest of the bunch are hypocritically conservative in their ways, refusing to change them and thinking anyone who says otherwise has been corrupted by evil straight white bogeymen. The left's focused too much on slinging shit at their enemy that they've forgotten to critically look at themselves.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 10, 2016, 12:24:16 AM
The concept of a hard left varies though. Most Marxists I talked to earlier during the primaries hated Sanders, considering him a frail weakling who wouldn't change anything, and preferred Clinton seeing her as monstrous. Modern liberalism needs to be redefined if it's this self-defeating, but the loudest of the bunch are hypocritically conservative in their ways, refusing to change them and thinking anyone who says otherwise has been corrupted by evil straight white bogeymen. The left's focused too much on slinging shit at their enemy that they've forgotten to critically look at themselves.
I just mean hard left in comparison to where we are now. The silly "kill all white men" faux-Marxists on Twitter are living in their own reality molded from listening to a couple of Rage Against The Machine albums and attending an Occupy protest once - probably while wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. Those people are completely up their own ass and don't care about anyone but themselves and their friends (who they'd cease communicating with immediately if they ever dared disagree with them on any issue).

Liberalism has been ruined by a corrupt establishment interested only in money, news corporations in the pocket of the Democratic party, and internet manchildren who use nonsense terms like "gaslight" to refer to minor fibs and "misogynoir" to refer to being lightly criticized by black men. The modern American left is, frankly, an embarrassment to anyone truly on the side of progressive politics and social justice.

Dr. Insomniac

In hindsight, the whole "We can't elect Trump because he'll have access to nuclear launch codes" argument seems silly because someone of his fortune could have easily hired an assassin to snuff out a few thorns on his side, yet as far as I know, Trump hasn't been connected to any mysterious disappearances or murders.

Commode

So excited for the next four years to suck.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Peanutbutter

LumRanmaYasha

If you're LGBT, muslim, an immigrant, or a person of color it probably will.

Peanutbutter

We won't be taking as much money from some countries that treat them like crap anymore, so nope.

Avaitor

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on November 16, 2016, 03:43:39 PM
If you're LGBT, muslim, an immigrant, or a person of color it probably will.
Or Jewish. Or disabled in any way, shape, or form.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Or pregnant and don't wish to be pregnant.

Commode

Man when all you care about is the economy* it's so hard to ignore all those things.  Plus you know global warming and the Supreme Court being screwed for a decade or two and whatnot.  Donald Trump terrible by himself, it's all the people he's surrounding himself with that I'm worried about.

*not to mention all that hooey that he sold you on isn't going to happen anyway.   Really hope all the people who think he's going to save jobs and fix things come back in a year or two and share the same sentiment.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Commode on November 16, 2016, 05:22:45 PM
Donald Trump terrible by himself, it's all the people he's surrounding himself with that I'm worried about.
Yeah, his staff appointments are far more concerning than he is. Bannon and Gaffney alone ensure that the next four years will be an absolute shitshow, to say nothing of Ebell's complete lack of environmental knowledge.

Quote from: Commode on November 16, 2016, 05:22:45 PM
not to mention all that hooey that he sold you on isn't going to happen anyway.
He's already done the exact opposite of "draining the swamp" and is "shockingly" friends with the Clintons again, so I'm sure the voter's remorse will be setting in before too long.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, Steve Bannon and Carl Higbie's recent statements have been concerning. But it does feel good knowing this information can now be easily accessed simply through a retweet instead of only widespread months later through a Michael Moore documentary.

Peanutbutter

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

gunswordfist

HappyThanksgiving, Peanutbutter!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody