Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Ate a turkey leg. Was all right.

Mustang

Gobble Gobble everyone.

Going to have fried turkey for the first time. I hear it's the best way to do a turkey.

I'm also laying low. Playing games and watching tournament streams (especially since I don't go back to work till next Thursday)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Hopefully 2021 pulls us somewhat out of the rut that 2020 put us all in.

LumRanmaYasha

Happy New Year!

I know they say hindsight is 2020, but I think we can all agree to leave that year behind us.  :sweat:

Here's hoping 2021 will be a lot better!

Now if you excuse me, if you're looking for me...

talonmalon333

Hopefully everyone is doing alright! About two weeks ago, I got my first shot of the Moderna, and will be getting the second shot in two more weeks. Aside from some general soreness and random side effects like chills and nauseousness here and there, I got through it pretty okay. That being said, I am ready for the worst when it's time for the second shot. My girlfriend got it last week and was out with a fever for a few days.

I also had a bit of a scare this week, because I was exposed to someone who recently saw someone else who got COVID. So, I had to stay home from work for a few days until getting the test today, which thankfully came back negative. I figured I would be fine, but I needed to know for sure.

So with that concern out of the way, I'm looking forward to getting the second shot. I won't be going reckless once I'm fully vaccinated, but I will at least feel comfortable hanging out in person with friends who are also fully vaccinated. With the right precautions, I can also go on my summer vacations that I had planned long ago.

My opinion on the vaccine is that, if you have the ability to get it, you absolutely should. I know some people feel bad about "taking" it from the elderly, sick, or in careers that might expose them more. However, I think it should be stated that you aren't really taking it from anyone (too many shots have been thrown in the trash, anyway). Also, getting vaccinated makes you less likely to infect other people, so it's just good for everyone that we get people vaccinated.

Anyway, my appointment doesn't come until April 2. For now, I'm just going to spend my downtime continuing to do things like catch up on PS4 and Switch games, and play with my cat as often as possible.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, last week my uncle passed away. It was shocking to say the least since he was only in his mid 50's and didn't have any obvious health issues. However I found out last Friday that he died of a heart attack while on his morning jog. If there's any consolation it's that, as I'm told, he passed away quickly without the time to feel any pain.

While I've lost family members before, this one hit particularly hard because of how much more I related to my uncle. He was actually the person who introduced me to many stuff that I still love to this day back when I was a kid, from superheroes to science-fiction movies like Predator and The Matrix. He was an oddity among the elders in my family since most of them were very traditional and not as interested in the more outlandish sort of entertainment. My love for all kinds of nerdy things started there and I may not even have been a member on this forum or TV.com before it had I not pursued those interests of mine. Beyond just that, though, he was an incredibly kind and knowledgeable person, and really tech-savy. When the family always got together for big vacations, including just about every Christmas (we sadly had to miss last year due to COVID), I always looked forward to catching up with him and talking about all kinds of topics from news and technology to the latest Marvel movies. He was always a fun person to be around.

Anyways, while I did fly down to his home to support my aunt and cousins (as bad as I feel, I can only imagine how much harder it is for them) and give a speech at his funeral, I sort of felt like posting this just to get it off my chest. I will miss my uncle dearly, but I'm also happy in reliving the many memories that the rest of the family and I created together with him.

Dr. Insomniac

My condolences for you, your uncle, and the rest of your family.

Mustang

Sorry to hear that Ensatsu.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

My condolences Ek, sorry for your loss. Your uncle sounds like he was a great person. I know how hard losing a close family member can be, but hope your good memories together will remain forever. I wish you and your family much strength and love in your time of grief. 

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thank you as well, Lum. And yeah, as you said, those memories will still remain.

Avaitor

Losing family is never easy, especially when you have such good memories with them. I'm sorry for your loss.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Your condolensces are much appreciated, Avaitor.

VLordGTZ

Super late on replying, but my condolences as well Ek.

It's been a while since I've posted on here (still lurking though), mainly cause life's been weird.  :sweat:

I left my job earlier this month, since it was become a bad source of stress and I didn't see myself there long-term. I'm going back to college in the Fall to get my masters in Business Analytics, but for the time being, my obligations are at an all-time low. As of this past Saturday, I'm also fully vaccinated, so that's one less thing to worry about!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also recently got quoted in a Demon Slayer article for the New York Times, so that's a thing!

Dr. Insomniac

Congrats on the NYT plug.