Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Stuff just seems to be a lot clearer to me now and I'm starting to push myself to get out there more.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

By the way, anyone else feel the earthquake yesterday?

Avaitor

No earthquakes here.

Caught some pretty sick storms yesterday, though. Just a teaser for Irene.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Yeah, I've been meaning to say; good luck with that.

...though, from what I hear, sounds like the eastern seaboard (North/South Carolina, Georgia, and even New England apparently) will be more heavily affected than Florida. We'll see, I guess; they've got about 3-4 different paths lined up for this thing, so it's still kinda hard to tell right now.

Stay safe.

Avaitor

Seems like it, but my campus has been prepping us for warnings all week. We'll probably still get hit a little, but not as badly as previous hurricanes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't feel it here, but apparently they felt it in the city near me.

Keep safe, guys!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Yeah, I'm a little scared about Irene hitting over here. I should be considering I work outside. My mom told me to fuel up my car tomorrow, so I'm going to do that.

ToonFaithful

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2011, 09:18:29 PM
Felt it. Thought it was my laundry room at first! Live right near the epicenter of the earthquake so the shaking started out slow then became such an intense feeling. Dangerous, yet fun experience. First time I ever encountered an earthquake.

ToonFaithful

Quote from: ToonFaithful on August 25, 2011, 07:05:35 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2011, 09:18:29 PM
Felt it. Thought it was my laundry room at first! Live in northern Virginia, right near the epicenter of the earthquake so the shaking started out slow then became such an intense feeling. Dangerous, yet fun experience. First time I ever encountered an earthquake.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, my move-in day at college has been postponed until Monday due to the oncoming Hurricane Irene. I'm in central New Jersey so we're expected to get hit fairly hard with Hurricane force winds. Luckily I don't live near any rivers or large sources of water so I don't think that my area will have as much flooding to deal with as other areas near large bodies of water.

As for me I'm going to be indoors the whole time, and luckily my dad only works a few blocks away from our house so if he even has to go into work on Sunday (which I highly doubt, since the store will most likely be closed on that day unless its run by a bunch of idiots) at least he'll be just a few minutes away from the house.

At any rate, unless I get a power outage of some sort or the Internet goes down for some reason (which is fairly likely), I'll probably be online all day since I don't have much else to do at home.

Neomysterion X. Prime

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 24, 2011, 10:43:46 PM
Yeah, I'm a little scared about Irene hitting over here. I should be considering I work outside. My mom told me to fuel up my car tomorrow, so I'm going to do that.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 26, 2011, 11:02:23 PM
So, my move-in day at college has been postponed until Monday due to the oncoming Hurricane Irene. I'm in central New Jersey so we're expected to get hit fairly hard with Hurricane force winds. Luckily I don't live near any rivers or large sources of water so I don't think that my area will have as much flooding to deal with as other areas near large bodies of water.

As for me I'm going to be indoors the whole time, and luckily my dad only works a few blocks away from our house so if he even has to go into work on Sunday (which I highly doubt, since the store will most likely be closed on that day unless its run by a bunch of idiots) at least he'll be just a few minutes away from the house.

At any rate, unless I get a power outage of some sort or the Internet goes down for some reason (which is fairly likely), I'll probably be online all day since I don't have much else to do at home.

I'm right in the same position that Dax and EK are in with Irene. I live in Rhode Island, and I hope that the impact of Irene isn't as intense as The Weather Channel thought it would be, but I'm still concerned about myself and any forum friends from all the forums I'm on that live in the Mid-Atlantic and New England with this hurricane/tropical storm.

Commode

We were just in Rhode Island like a week and a half ago, Newport to be exact.

Anyways, down in Virginia it apparently wasn't as bad as expected.  There's some damage to houses and buildings, some flooding, and a lot of power outages, but from all indications I think they were expecting it to be worse.  Apparently the base held up well, we'll see when we get back in a few days.  I don't really have anything there right now, except a car that was left on the second level of a parking garage, and a storage unit(which I'm more worried about, since it currently houses a friend's $1800 keyboard).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

It's back to classes tomorrow.  :whuh:

Avaitor

So I always follow back on my tumblr, and have never done an unfollow before. Even if one of the blogs on my dash posts a lot of stuff for things I hate, like the Jonas Brothers, Glee or those weird photographs of girls in shorts that I don't get the appeal of at all.

Made an exception tonight, though. This one blog has been following me for a while, occasionally posting Iron Maiden stuff, but mostly bitching about his relationship for months at end. As of late, he's been using tumblr as a Twitter, posting one sentence word posts about how he feels while not getting into enough detail for me or anyone to care.

I wouldn't care about that so much if it wasn't for what else he's been doing lately. He's been liking just about all of my posts that I make. Even the Demi stuff, whom I severely doubt he's a fan of. Even the questionnaire sets, which you don't like, you send in asks. Even the stuff that distinctly says "don't like, reblog". Even when I referenced him in an annoyed light.

I dunno, I think he just wants to make friends, but isn't sure how. If he ever sent me a message or anything, I'd try to talk to him. Everyone has problems and is entitled to bitch, but something about him just weirds me out, so I don't want to give him a chance.

Edit: But speaking of tumblr, this was a fun convo.

New blog!

Avaitor

So I wanna teach a class on how Boy Meets World, Sonic Youth, and the work of Kubrick have impacted society.

I know these three things have nothing in common. That's why I want to lump them together.

New blog!