Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

It's snowing out. 
Spoiler
I'm in Denver atm
[close]
Haven't seen snow since I left Chicago nearly two years ago.

I hate snow.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Snow's only fun for people with school.

Avaitor

I've still never seen snow before.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

Snow is cool as a kid, and I do like to drive in it, you get to screw around as long as you're not a total dumbass, but it sucks because its cold and it gets in your socks and turns them all cold and wet, and shoveling it blows, and so on.

I'd rather live without it than with it.

Kiddington

It snowed here today too. Felt weird seeing it again, since I don't recall it snowing even once all of last winter (it was abnormally dry last year, even by Reno/desert standards).

Can't say I really care for it either at the moment, seeing as how about 20-30% of my job takes place outside (and fuck was it cold today; I think it only got up to like 25 or so). I guess I could take it or leave it; for me it's cool when your at home, comfortable in the house, but no fun to be out in.

talonmalon333

I think snow is awesome no matter what... on the first day, at least. After that, it's just slushy, muddy, and half melted.

Silverstar

I envy those who have never seen snow...I've always wanted to be one of those people.

Snow's beautiful when it's falling, but after it's landed and you have to shovel it off your walk, your deck and your car, then you have to drive around in it and it turns into a slushy, gray mess everywhere, then I fucking hate the stuff. Plus, you can't have snow without the cold, and I hate being cold.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Spark Of Spirit

I love everything about snow except shoveling. The biggest plus is no longer having to do yard-work. >_<
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Yard...work?

The term no longer makes sense, since I haven't lived in a house a few years.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Now that I have a job again, I take so many more naps than I used to.

Seriously, that's practically all I do when I come home anymore; go right to sleep. I took a four hour nap just this afternoon.

Dr. Insomniac

Well, just got out of an Elie Wiesel lecture. Went there out of some sense that I'll get enlightenment or something, and it proved to be quite moving. He was talking about the fatigue and inner depression that came from an open-heart surgery, and how he can't recant his religion due to family bonds. Also, about how modern life, while obviously much more peaceful, carries the same trials he had when he was young. Overall, I've been quite shaken by his words. And I don't regret it.

Avaitor

Night is such a good book, but I've never had a chance to see any of his speeches. Sounds like a great experience.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I found out that I'll be an uncle yesterday. :SHOCK: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody