Nostalgia

Started by Avaitor, December 30, 2010, 01:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

No-Personality

Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Posts like this make me feel old. Either I wasn't technically a kid when they aired, or I thought that everything here (Recess and Fillmore! aside) were stupid as hell.

The aughts kids are coming. Ah well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Out of all of those shows I've only seen 4 of them, and of those 4 I only ever cared for Recess.

LumRanmaYasha

Of those shows, I still like Xiaolin Showdown, Totally Spies!, Recess, and Fillmore! quite a bit, even if neither of them are great shows. I guess I also sorta still like Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, even if it isn't really very good nostalgia-aside.

Commode

Only one of those shows existed when I was a kid, and it's nearly a decade older than the rest of them.  Shit, I think all of those, except Recess, came out when I was in high school, some of them after.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Most of those shows were out when I was in middle school, so I guess I can consider some of them nostalgic.

Daxdiv

I remember enjoying Recess, Filmore, Xiaolin Showdown & Code Lyoko.

Foggle

I watched Fillmore for the first time ever this year and it's actually a really good show.

Dr. Insomniac

I don't like Xiaolin Showdown on the basis that yellow people scare me...

...as well as the real reason that the show got too outlandish after the first season and a half.

Rynnec

I liked Xiaolin Showdown's second season the best, mostly because that's where I felt the writing peaked and the stories became more fun. Chase Young being an awesome villain helped too.

Then the third season happened and the show hit a slump for me.

Avaitor

I'm just surprised that it got revived. Was it really that popular?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

It was fairly popular, if I recall, but not popular enough for me to have expected to see a sequel series nearly a decade after the first one came out. It was a decent show, not necessarily great, and there were some problems in the last season in terms of the storyline and the fact Hannibal Roy Bean went nowhere as an antagonist. Chase Young, Wuya, and Jack Spicer were always awesome, though. Honestly, if the show was about Jack and Wuya trying to take over the world Pinky and the Brain-style, I probably would have liked it a lot more.  :lol:

gunswordfist

I was shocked to see a new Xiaolin series on a few weeks ago. I am guessing it was a popular show. Still weird though, seeing how there's like 30 shows that I thought would have been revived before it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Here's some Yu Yu Hakusho nostalgia for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V24ePGebJO0

Toonami had a way of getting you pumped for the upcoming show.