Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

So Mission: Yozakura Family debuted yesterday, and I enjoyed it lot!  It's hard to say what direction the story will go in, but I think there is a lot of potential here.  As someone who really liked Poro a few years ago, I'm hoping that Gondaira finally has a hit on their hands!

LumRanmaYasha

2020 was quite the year for Shonen Jump, huh?

So many big titles ended - Demon Slayer, Yuuna, The Promised Neverland, Haikyuu, Act-Age, We Never Learn, and Chainsaw Man though technically the latter's just moving online. But now the 6th oldest series in Jump is Mission: Yozakura Family, which only began in late 2019, and over half the lineup is comprised of newbies that started last year. Undead Unluck and Mashle seem like bonafide hits, and some others seem to be doing promisingly, but it's gonna be real interesting to see how the magazine continues to change and reivent itself this year.

My favorite Jump series right now is definitely Jujutsu Kaisen. The Shibuya Incident has been incredible and I'm eager to see where the series goes next. But MHA is also at an interesting turning point for its story that I'm excited to see develop too. So I think things are looking pretty strong for most of the established long-runners right now, and I'm just curious which of the recent newbies will make it big next.