SMGO: How to uncancel TV shows.

Started by Daikun, May 02, 2013, 05:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

They should either get a soundalike or give him no voice at all. Reusing audio clips from the show, even if expertly done, will be considered laughable by fans.

Avaitor

It was only a suggestion. I mean, It's Tartakavosky. Dialogue doesn't really matter, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I'm pretty sure that dialogue matters for the most talkative character of the entire show though.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 10, 2013, 02:15:53 PM
Quote"I've been trying so hard every year, and the one amazing thing about Jack is that I did it in 2001, you know, and it still survived. There's something about it that's connected with people. And I want it, it's number 1 on my list, and now Bob Osher, the President (of Digital Production at Sony Picture Entertainment), is like 'Hey, let's talk about Jack. Let's see what we can do.'  And I go, 'You're going to do a 2D feature animated movie?' and he's like, 'Yeah. Maybe. Let's do some research and let's see.' So it's not dead for sure by any means, and it's still on the top of my list, and I'm trying as hard as I can."

He also added that the unfortunate passing of lead voice actor Mako (who played the shape-shifting master of darkness Aku) would certainly be an issue he'll have to resolve before moving forward.

QuoteAccording to longtime media executive Fred Seibert, former head of Hanna-Barbera and current head of Frederator films, Genndy Tartakovsky's popular animated show, Samurai Jack, is headed to the big screen with J.J. Abrams as a co-producer. The film, which is budgeted at $20 million, will combine  traditional 2D animation with stereoscopic 3D. It is being produced by Fredarator Films and Abrams' production company, Bad Robot Productions.
What year is this news from? I'm surprised my Jack comment turned into a conversation (...and I didn't know thePPG movie bombed...) This reminds me, I'm going to suggest Sym-Bionic Titan on the site like right now and the bug the SBT fan facebook clubs about it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 10, 2013, 03:31:06 PM
What year is this news from? I'm surprised my Jack comment turned into a conversation (...and I didn't know thePPG movie bombed...) This reminds me, I'm going to suggest Sym-Bionic Titan on the site like right now and the bug the SBT fan facebook clubs about it.
Late 2012.

Avaitor

The PPG movie broke even, give or take. It wasn't necessarily a bomb, but it wasn't anywhere near as big as either of the Rugrats movies, or most of the other blockbusters that summer, which is what CN was hoping for.

SBT is another decent idea. I know that the Toonami guys have interest in bringing it back, but I think Genndy is more interested in finally doing the Jack movie first.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Thanks Foggy.

Whoa, no wonder we don't see any other theater releases from CN. I assumed the PPG movie did great. Hmmm, I still haven't seen it.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 10, 2013, 05:47:15 PMWhoa, no wonder we don't see any other theater releases from CN. I assumed the PPG movie did great. Hmmm, I still haven't seen it.

It's actually quite good. The tone of that movie is closer to the first couple of seasons (when it was more action-oriented) than the sanitized later seasons (where it became more comedy-based).

Avaitor

I still say the EEnE movie should've been a theatrical release.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on May 10, 2013, 07:21:25 PMI still say the EEnE movie should've been a theatrical release.

There might have been problems with that. Unlike the other Cartoon Cartoons, EEnE wasn't made in-house, so they didn't have the same rights to the series as the other CCs.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on May 10, 2013, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 10, 2013, 05:47:15 PMWhoa, no wonder we don't see any other theater releases from CN. I assumed the PPG movie did great. Hmmm, I still haven't seen it.

It's actually quite good. The tone of that movie is closer to the first couple of seasons (when it was more action-oriented) than the sanitized later seasons (where it became more comedy-based).
Then it's worth a watch. I love the first few seasons. I think PPG was one of the best written superhero series.

Silverstar

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 11, 2013, 08:53:30 AM
I think PPG was one of the best written superhero series.

It's funny, I've never considered PPG to be a true superhero show; I've always considered it to be more of a spoof on the superhero genre, like The Tick. PPG's various elements and characters were all just too goofy and comedic for me to accept it as a genuine superhero show.

And I saw the PPG movie, but I thought it was too slow. Even Craig McCraken himself stated that the movie took itself too seriously. Plus, it came out during the time when the writers were running Mojo Jojo into the ground. But yeah, the post-movie PPGs were really weak.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

LumRanmaYasha

At least most of the post-movie Powerpuff Girls episodes are watchable. Dexter's Laboratory's last two seasons make my ears and eyes bleed.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Silverstar on May 11, 2013, 02:46:40 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 11, 2013, 08:53:30 AM
I think PPG was one of the best written superhero series.

It's funny, I've never considered PPG to be a true superhero show; I've always considered it to be more of a spoof on the superhero genre, like The Tick. PPG's various elements and characters were all just too goofy and comedic for me to accept it as a genuine superhero show.

And I saw the PPG movie, but I thought it was too slow. Even Craig McCraken himself stated that the movie took itself too seriously. Plus, it came out during the time when the writers were running Mojo Jojo into the ground. But yeah, the post-movie PPGs were really weak.
I think the show was just serious enough for me to call it an actual superhero cartoon. The Tick was a lot sillier.

Silverstar

I'd say the 2 shows were about even in terms of general silliness. The Tick was just more overt with how wacky it was.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.