Things That Bother You About Anime

Started by gunswordfist, May 12, 2013, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

*starts handing out umbrellas*

During the last few days, I have actually been thinking about how Batman TBATB is the only series that I find panning still shots to be acceptable. Well that and Megas XLR.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Should I make a Thing That Bother You About Anime thread or just an Animation thread? What I want to say is just for anime but killing two birds with one stone wouldn't be bad either. This site needs some threads about love and less on how everything and their grandma is an abomination.

LumRanmaYasha

Are you saying you want to make a Things That You Love About Anime and/or a Things That You Love About Animation thread? The way you've worded your post is a bit unclear. I would be all for making those, though.

gunswordfist

Whoops, I meant to say Things That Don't Bother You About Anime/Animation and not a duplicate thread. I should not type while using multiple other tabs at the same time anymore. :sweat: I'm just wondering which one would be better.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I know next to nothing about the business of producing anime, so I'll just take Anno's word for it.

Granted that, I don't suspect that it will die out as an art-form completely. I just wouldn't be surprised to see a huge scale back on the amount of anime being produced per year, which honestly may not be such a terrible thing since at least 90% of what comes out each season is uninspired crap, anyways.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't know what the climate is like in Japan, but the industry everywhere else has shrunk immensely from its high point well over a decade ago. It mostly came from catering to a small audience of otaku over a general audience in Japan that lead to everyone else getting less options everywhere else.

But it's not like anime will just end. It's far too much of a staple in Japan for that to happen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Anno's been hanging out with Miyazaki again, eh? :lol:

Anime isn't going anywhere.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 26, 2015, 12:16:14 PM
Anno's been hanging out with Miyazaki again, eh? :lol:

Anime isn't going anywhere.
Pretty much how I feel. .3.

gunswordfist

"Those all suck, would rather watch cowboy bebop in subbed"

Welcome to the internet.

LumRanmaYasha

gunswordfist

Someone was saying that only Dragonball has a good dub and that Cowboy Bebop, among other anime, has terrible dubs.

LumRanmaYasha

OG Dragon Ball or DBZ? Because I don't see how the latter has a better dub than Bebop... :whuh:

gunswordfist

The former, I assume, because he put now Z after it.