Samurai Flamenco

Started by Foggle, November 17, 2013, 07:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

This is a show about a guy who wants to be Kamen Rider. It's a lot like Kick-Ass, but less violent and more heartfelt. It tells an uplifting and idealistic story so far with a fun sense of humor. The OP and ED are also very nice to listen to. It would probably be my favorite anime this year if not for Kill la Kill. I highly recommend it!

Spark Of Spirit

That sounds like a cool description. I'll keep an eye out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Why didn't you watch it from day one, are you not a true friend of justice?

I likened it more to a toku version of Chuunibyuu which is about the only Kyoani show I actually liked.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 18, 2013, 11:42:40 PM
Why didn't you watch it from day one, are you not a true friend of justice?
But I did, master. :thinkin:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Good job, now start posting fujoshi bait pictures of Hazama and Goto.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 19, 2013, 02:04:26 AM
Good job, now start posting fujoshi bait pictures of Hazama and Goto.
But the show does that for me.

Foggle

OH MY GOD THIS WEEK'S EPISODE AHHHHHH

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not sure if I want...that to have been some sort of trolling or actual plot development. I might be disappointed if they go that route, since I loved the show as it is, but at the same time I'm excited to see what kind of crazy stuff could go down. I sorta think Konno is behind this and it's a facade to cause more exciting stuff to happen involving Flamenco, but the fact that the drug addict guy transformed into that thing is kinda too crazy for that explanation to make much sense. All I can say is I am so excited for the next Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco's that the next week is going to be a killer of a wait. Thankfully I've got new Magi and Build Fighters (and maybe Hunter X Hunter if I finally start watching it this week) to look forward to earlier in the week, but man, I'll really have something to be thankful for if KLK and SF are absolutely excellent next week.

The Shadow Gentleman

Anyone else still keeping up with this.

LumRanmaYasha

No, but only because I've dropped pretty much everything except Kill la Kill in an effort to get through Ashita no Joe 2 faster. Last episode I watched was #17, I think, the one where Flamenco fought the Prime Minster and the Alien Flamenco showed up at the end. Has the show improved on regaining it's natural emotional center like it used to have, or is it still an uncomfortably shallow parody of sentai series?

The Shadow Gentleman

Well, since the last episode you watched, our hero has fought a giant alien who sometimes spouts random English on the moon, talked to God, and discovered Goto's long distance relationship is actuelly quite...personal.

I'm just sticking around to see how much more ridiculous it can get.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The funny thing about the most recent episode is that, being the first episode since #7 to feature no supernatural villains (or any villains at all for that matter), it felt more in line with the earlier episodes and had. A bit more heart to it than recent ones. That said, it just doesn't have the punch that it should at this point in the series, since despite us finally learning that revelation about Goto, his being pushed to the background for the rest of the series made it hard for me to care about him at all.

Really, this series is basically just an odd experiment in just how bizarre you can make a story after giving it a solid set-up. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be a very interesting experiment, for the most part. :??: