Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm pretty sure that we're also going to find out more about Greg and Amethyst's relationship in that episode.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Man, shit is getting real. Can't wait for next week with all those episodes airing.

Peanutbutter

That episode was great. The Gems weren't going to be able to stay hidden forever, and they needed to find out what the Homeworld Gems are planning. Steven might have gotten a little over eager but they have an idea now what to expect thanks to him. I'm really glad they decided to give us the rest of the season at once, since it sounds like the crew wanted CN to schedule the last season one episodes this way. Which means things are going to be very interesting.

Peanutbutter

First day of Steven Universe Week (or Steven Bomb, whichever you prefer) today!

Thanks to Monday's episode, we have a clearer idea of what Pearl's relationship was with Rose Quartz. She was pretty much the one she confided in most about her secrets, save for whatever personal stuff she decided to leave with Lion instead. I like that there were a few parallels to Amethyst's breakdown.

Daxdiv

I liked the part where Pearl realized why Lion was pink to begin with.

Man, being Pearl is suffering. I always knew she was Rose's biggest supporter and all. That breakdown after learning that Steven had been to Rose's secret area that no one else knew about, like Amethyst's one not too long ago in. Though, damn Pearl, you don't even say that about Rose to Steven. Ever!

Peanutbutter

So, Lapis Lazuli returned! Well, sort of. A great episode that really focused on Greg. I'm glad they addressed the disparity in his relationship with the Gems of always giving up on his ideas despite being determined to try other things. I wouldn't be surprised if future episodes don't explore the conflict between Steven's parents further.

Peanutbutter

That 30 minute special. "The Return" and "Jail Break".  :wth:

.....My mind is seriously blown. That was amazing.

Daxdiv

Man, what a way to end the Gems invasion arc.

Peanutbutter

Something I realized while watching, back in "Tiger Millionaire" Amethyst's wrestling persona is the same size and has the same hairstyle as Jasper. Considering she was a heel, it'd make sense she'd base her gimmick off someone who best represents evil to her. One of my favorite episodes now has another layer to it. The writing is top-notch on this show.

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 12, 2015, 06:06:42 PM

That's the thing, it's not really "over". Lapis can only keep Jasper underwater for so long. I doubt they'd introduce a new villain just to have her permanently removed. I have no doubt Jasper will return. Plus Peridot escaped in a pod and landed somewhere else on Earth. Then there's the fact they already namedropped the real main villain Yellow Diamond, whom I bet was the Gem Steven's mom is depicted fighting in "Serious Steven".

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 12, 2015, 07:33:17 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on March 12, 2015, 06:06:42 PM

That's the thing, it's not really "over". Lapis can only keep Jasper underwater for so long. I doubt they'd introduce a new villain just to have her permanently removed. I have no doubt Jasper will return. Plus Peridot escaped in a pod and landed somewhere else on Earth. Then there's the fact they already namedropped the real main villain Yellow Diamond, whom I bet was the Gem Steven's mom is depicted fighting in "Serious Steven".

Oh crap! WE DRAGON BALL Z NOW! I can imagine the big bad being more like a Freeza like villian. I was just thinking of season 1 as a Saiyan arc, where we got some formidable foes, only to realize that there are even more foes stronger than the last group.

Daikun

Yeah, this arc isn't over yet. If anything, it's just getting started.

LumRanmaYasha

Watched the eps.

...Yeah, this is now firmly my favorite currently running show on CN. Things can only get bigger and better from here.

Peanutbutter

Tonight's epilogue is probably going to be the last new episode for a while. I hope the hiatus isn't too long, though we did at least get a buttload out of this season thanks to Cartoon Network getting behind this show.

Peanutbutter

Joe Johnson, a storyboard artist for the show just confirmed Ruby and Sapphire are a lesbian relationship by the way.  :thumbup:

http://joethejohnston.tumblr.com/post/113538802293/how-did-the-crew-come-up-with-the-name-steven#notes

Daxdiv

Neat *takes pic* Though, here is the actual ask in question. http://joethejohnston.tumblr.com/post/113498250748/are-you-allowed-to-tell-us-if-sapphire-and-rubys

Here we have people saying that it isn't gay if their race is gender neutral. :P As for the kiss, I do imagine that the forehead kiss is probably playing it safe. I do remember hearing around the time Neighborhood Grill aired, the head writer of Clarence, Spencer Rothbell, said he had to fight a bit to have that random gay couple kiss. Cartoon Network allowed it under certain conditions (the couple couldn't give each other a gift and the kiss couldn't be on the lips. So they kissed each other on the cheeks) That and well, I have hard time believing that the 2 women Jeff lives with are his mom and sister. Those are obviously his moms.