Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

It was interesting to see a Gem-free episode for once.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not the biggest fan of Lars, but this was a good episode for him, and it was nice to see Ronaldo again as well.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Lars is the only character in this show I don't like. Any potential chance at character development he gets, he just backslides after it. "Lars and the Cool Kids" was a good chance in particular for him to have a turning point in his relationship to Steven, but he still rags on Steven by his next appearance. I DO love Sadie though, she's awesome.

gunswordfist

i liked sadie in the island episode. too bad she has a crush on a jerk.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 13, 2015, 11:51:21 AM
i liked sadie in the island episode. too bad she has a crush on a jerk.

Yup, "Island Adventure" was Sadie's best episode. I hope she has a few for herself again soon.

At least the one redeemable quality Lars has is that he's deeply in love with her, and it's been strongly hinted he'll be faithful to her if they officially get together. If his pulling his arms away quickly from Jenny in "Choking Victim" was any indication. Yeah, he kept going on about beach babes in the Lapis two-parter but he's a teenage boy having fantasies so that didn't quite count.

gunswordfist

this is making me want to watch more of the show because...i don't know half the things you are talking about. lol

Avaitor

I dunno, Sadie's usually a nice character, but I think she was in the wrong for leaving Lars and Steven on the island in that episode. I get why she did it, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

And I have to admit, this episode was leading towards being the first weak one in a while, but the ending twist was welcome. And I do like seeing Steven realize how much of a jerk Lars regularly is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

i agree that sadie was wrong there. they seemed to be on that island for weeks.

Peanutbutter

I don't know if the dialogue confirms how long they are on the island, but yes Sadie was wrong. Steven was even shocked at her, and implied he wanted to give her a piece of his mind too. What I meant before was in reference to her being the first ordinary human to kill a Gem Monster.

Lord Il

Can't say much more to that incident in "Island Adventure" with Sadie, but what she did was certainly selfish to the very core. Sadie would deserve to have both Steven and Lars pissed off with her for a while.

Peanutbutter

Would not surprise me if they both weren't. At least she hasn't been that reckless since.

gunswordfist

her fight with the gem monster was what i was referring to as well. i didn't know she was the first. sadie's pretty tough.

Peanutbutter

Most likely due to Spring Break, after this Thursday CN is airing all the rest of the episode except three next week!

On one hand, I'm glad to get so many new episodes but on the other I was really looking forward to the episode where Greg tells Steven more about him and his mom. :(

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 05, 2015, 01:16:08 AM
Most likely due to Spring Break, after this Thursday CN is airing all the rest of the episode except three next week!

On one hand, I'm glad to get so many new episodes but on the other I was really looking forward to the episode where Greg tells Steven more about him and his mom. :(

Oh, I can tell that even though we all know the score by now, that this episode will destroy hearts. I even had that feeling way back during that first episode we saw the picture of Greg and Rose in his storage case.