Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Just the first 2 seasons of EEnE? Ugh.

What a weak selection all around.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

So basically, everything that I already own on DVD and/or don't care about whatsoever.

Okay.

Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 10:32:48 PM
Just the first 2 seasons of EEnE? Ugh.

Really.

Why is this the era of the series they're trying so hard to push? These episodes aren't even that good. As I've said a thousand times already; the show didn't really find its legs until Season 3.

Avaitor

I dunno, when I was doing my Cartoon Cartoon series (remember that?), season 1 held up better than I remembered- moreso than the other three shows I was reviewing aside from maybe Johnny Bravo, and season 2 had some of its best episodes.

But I want access to the rest of the show, dammit.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Eh... I dunno. I have both seasons on DVD, and I remain relatively unimpressed when viewing those in comparison to Season 3 and beyond. Aside from nostalgia, most of those episodes just don't hold up for me anymore (except the Christmas episode from Season 2; that still one of my favorites.

The later stuff just resonates better with me. The show really found it's stride at that point, and I can't believe CN is basically shutting all of us out from having it. Sucks, man.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 10:53:08 PM
I dunno, when I was doing my Cartoon Cartoon series (remember that?)

I remember.

So... are you just not doing it anymore....? ??? I enjoyed reading them.  :)

And yeah, I want the complete series of these shows as well. But at least having some of it is a start...

Avaitor

I think I'm one of the odd ones who considers the last season his favorite. Somehow I don't mind the school dynamic's addition to the show, and the writing and attention to animation was as strong as ever at that point. I'm also fond of how the show looked when painted digitally.

New blog!

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 16, 2013, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 10:53:08 PM
I dunno, when I was doing my Cartoon Cartoon series (remember that?)

I remember.

So... are you just not doing it anymore....? ??? I enjoyed reading them.  :)
Sweet! Someone actually read those.

No, I'm not done with the series, permanently. I have interest in returning to it, but stopped due to writer's block and schedule issues. I'll try to find time to start those back up though. I always enjoy watching those shows, and hopefully I can finish those up and get to my other planned CN shows. ;)

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 11:00:16 PM
I think I'm one of the odd ones who considers the last season his favorite. Somehow I don't mind the school dynamic's addition to the show, and the writing and attention to animation was as strong as ever at that point. I'm also fond of how the show looked when painted digitally.

I though the last season was very good as well. But to be honest, I like all the seasons of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy so equally that it'd be hard for me to distinguish a favorite among them.

Spark Of Spirit

I really loathe when they add series to Netflix but only put the first season or so instead of all of them. Because usually I end up waiting anywhere from months to over a year waiting for the better material and most of the best material of any show is rarely contained in their first season.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 11:03:11 PM

Sweet! Someone actually read those.

No, I'm not done with the series, permanently. I have interest in returning to it, but stopped due to writer's block and schedule issues. I'll try to find time to start those back up though. I always enjoy watching those shows, and hopefully I can finish those up and get to my other planned CN shows. ;)

Great! I'm looking to forward to them.  :)

Avaitor

I'm really annoyed that season 5 of Mad Men still isn't up.

My favorite season 2 eps of Eds, btw.

Know It All Ed
One + One = Ed
Urban Ed
Honor Thy Ed
Rent-a-Ed
Shoo-Ed
Ed in a Half Shell
Mirror, Mirror, on the Ed

Some real gold there.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 11:09:53 PM

It's actually coming at the end of the month.  :D

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 16, 2013, 11:15:21 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 16, 2013, 11:09:53 PM

It's actually coming at the end of the month.  :D
Really? Great.

I'll probably be done with season 4 at that point, and I'll end up marathoning 5.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

It might be me, but I don't think Incredible Crew has been getting as much attention as Level Up. They get promotion sure, but I don't know if they've been getting that many encore slots. At least not so much that I've noticed. Regardless, there were no live-actions shows to my knowledge mentioned in the recent Upfront conference, while quite a few cartoons are slated to air in the Fall. They even put the pilots up for them, even if it was only a day.

Basically, live-action really seems to be on its last leg is what I'm saying.  :thinkin:

LumRanmaYasha

It's not getting as much promotion as it did...but it's performing decently in the ratings apparently. Of course, it's no Adventure Time in the ratings, so I'm hoping that the live-action shows on Cartoon Network still manage to die out...