Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

I doubt CN will retire Adventure Time, since that's become their frontrunner. Regular Show could end soon, but I don't think is just yet. I think what you saw was a coincidence.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

I'd be okay if they retired Regular Show. It's not as good as it used to be, and it's feeling very repetitive lately. I think the writers ran out of ideas at this point.

LumRanmaYasha

I still enjoy it, but it's had a good run, so I wouldn't mind if it finished. I've never been fond of how these networks just phase out shows they plan to end soon by radically reducing their airtime and delaying airing their final episodes for months and stuff, though.

gunswordfist

and now i want rg to stay more than ever. cn is not good enough without it.

Peanutbutter

Uh, no Regular Show is still good. Heck, a couple episodes like that White Elephant episode were hilarious. I think they still have a bit left in the tank.

Spark Of Spirit

Does Regular Show do as well with kids as Adventure Time? I've seen a lot of older audiences digging RS, but not so much kids. But that could just be my experience talking.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

all i know is my brother liked it since he was about 8 and watching it with him is what made me a fan of the show.

i liked last week's episode and white elephant is possible top 10 for me. it could be the series' funniest episode. also, mordecai's mom is great, eileen and rigby are getting closer in non-annoying ways and muscle man's wedding will likely rock. The show is not running on fumes. This season just started and everything i just discussed was from it.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:37:17 PM
Does Regular Show do as well with kids as Adventure Time? I've seen a lot of older audiences digging RS, but not so much kids. But that could just be my experience talking.

Yeah, it's about as popular with kids as AT is as far as ratings go.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on February 04, 2015, 08:52:11 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 04, 2015, 08:37:17 PM

Yeah, it's about as popular with kids as AT is as far as ratings go.
Good to know. Then it would be odd to wrap it up at this point unless CN is being arbitrary again like they were with Flapjack.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I got caught up on all of the shows again after having not watched any of them since sometime around the summer, and man, every series has been great lately! Well, AT has kind of been hit or miss, but everything else, even TTG! surprisingly, I found really enjoyable.

And I'm definitely much bigger on SU than I was before. I hadn't seen any of the new episodes since, like, April, so I didn't know that it really found it's groove and has put out one great episode after the next since. Dang fine show. Now my third fav in the lineup after Clarence and Regular Show.

Avaitor

CN Upfront updates.

-Pretty much everything is renewed,
-Regular Show is getting a new special.
-Adventure Time is getting a multi-part event.
-No new series have been announced beyond We Bare Bears and the PPG reboot, but we are getting a new mini-series. I guess CN really was happy with OTGW.
-Oh, and a digital series as well.
-For sure we're getting the new Total Drama
-... and a Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa crossover. Alright...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Hmmm... a Steven Universe & Uncle Grandpa crossover? What could possibly go wrong?

Still interested in that mini-series and the digital series as well.

Commode

I like Teen Titans Go! more than I ever cared for the original show.  It's actually kind of funny.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Peanutbutter

I love that TheVileOne is still salty over losing his precious Thundercats reboot that he felt the need to make it a point that he didn't find anything they announced exciting.