Is it me, or is CN's Lineup really getting good?

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 31, 2010, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

I honestly don't think the lack of the original voice actors is going to be the deal breaker everyone thinks it will be. I'm honestly more concerned about the lack of Craig or any of the original producers or writers. It's the show's writing and animation that makes or breaks a show. If this new PPG's scripts are weak and its' animation lackluster, then it's not gonna matter dingo's kidneys if Cathy Cavadini, Tara Strong or E.G. Daily are on board or not. Similarly, if the show has strong writing and decent animation, then purists will grumble about the voices for a while initially, but they'll get over it.

As for this new KND, regardless of whether it's legit or not, I never watched KND much. The show started out kind of silly nonsensical fun, kind of like Our Gang meets James Bond, but it got less fun for me when it started taking its' silly premise seriously with all the sagas, story arcs and wannabe drama. So even if this turns out to be the real deal, I don't know how much of it I'll be watching.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Goldstar

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 22, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
Well, at least this has a bit more potential put into it than the PPGs reboot. Seriously, no Craig or rest of the staff I can deal with since they're all working on different stuff, but no original VAs coming back? What's the point?

Teen Titans GO! has the original voice actors. That doesn't seem to help much. Same deal with the new episodes of Dexter's Lab; they had all the original VAs (with the exception of Christine Cavanaugh), but the episodes still sucked, largely because Genddy Tartakofsky wasn't involved. The quality of the writing is more important.

As for Galactic Kids Next Door, I didn't pay much attention to KND after it went so over the top with the sagas, romances and such, but that teaser trailer did have the original VAs. It could a new series, or at least a mini series.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

I guess voice actors don't matter too much. The original Eustace and Muriel are dead, but I was still far more interested in the new Courage specials than the new PPG series because

1- The new material of Courage that I've seen (Fog of) was far more entertaining than the most recent Powerpuff specials
2- Courage was pretty consistent during its run, while Powerpuff became increasingly less entertaining in its last couple of seasons
3- John Dilworth was on board for these, while yeah, no McCracken is a turn-off

Although I do think CN's lack of interest in the original voice actors is an even more telling sign of this new PPG series not being the follow-up we deserve.

And I was never much of a KND fan myself (I always much preferred the pilot), but I think this is cool for fans. Enough people seemed to have enjoyed the full series that really want more stories with the kids, so I'd never take this away from them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Welp, here a new video about G:KND

Spoiler
I wonder if this was some sort of plan to gauge support of a revival or something. Not sure how that would work out well, since Mr. Warburton is currently employed at Disney for 7Ds.
[close]

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

They aren't making the show. This was all an elaborate hoax.

gunswordfist

From what I read, they did all of this to bring interest in possibly creating it in the future. But..that was from youtube comments.

Spark Of Spirit

Eh, doesn't work if you start it before April 1st.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 01, 2015, 04:36:55 PM
They aren't making the show. This was all an elaborate hoax.

Not quite. It was a pitch that was made for a sequel series, but there are no plans for it right now.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 01, 2015, 04:46:56 PM
From what I read, they did all of this to bring interest in possibly creating it in the future. But..that was from youtube comments.
That's kind of what this is. Warburton wants to make the show, but CN doesn't currently have the desire to do so.

That can change for all we know, though. Maybe if the new PPG show does well enough.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ugh, CN. It's obvious that people want this.

LumRanmaYasha

I do see more potential in this than in the PPG reboot, tbh.

Daxdiv