E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacattackForce

This just in: The Xbox One, like any normal gaming console, will not have your gaming ownership revoked if your account is banned. Because even Microsoft has their limits.

Grave

Xbox 180

It's good Microsoft finally got it through their heads, but truth be told, the damage has been done, at least for me. Microsoft's attitude towards everything really was the deciding factor for me. It's going to take some heavy persuasion to even have me consider getting that thing.

Daikun

Bravo, Microsoft! While this is certainly better, I'm still not interested in buying the Xbox One for three reasons:

1) The games don't look interesting enough. Sunset Overdrive, MGS5, and Project Spark were the only things that wowed me at the E3 conference. Everything else was blah.
2) Sony is still friendlier with indie developers.
3) Take note how they said nothing regarding Kinect. It's still going to be required and a threat to privacy.

Regardless, I still give Microsoft my thanks for at least making the effort to be more consumer-friendly.

Avaitor

Microsoft did what any reasonable company would do- cover their ass. It's amazing that they were smart enough to fix all of this so fast, but the bridge has likely still been burned for a lot of people.

However, Sony probably needs to work on a new strategy A-stat. They can't just go around saying that they're automatically better anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2013, 06:13:45 AMHowever, Sony probably needs to work on a new strategy A-stat. They can't just go around saying that they're automatically better anymore.

Actually, they still can. They showed off a much better-looking and more diverse selection of games at E3. Their policies are nicer for indie devs (see the PA Report link in my previous post). They still have the cheaper console and it doesn't require any gimmicky extra hardware. No matter how much Microsoft can claim to fix, Sony still has the better offering by default.

Lord Il

Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2013, 06:13:45 AM
Microsoft did what any reasonable company would do- cover their ass. It's amazing that they were smart enough to fix all of this so fast,
I heard Chuck Norris phoned Microsoft yesterday. Stuff happened.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on June 20, 2013, 02:39:24 AM
Xbox 180

It's good Microsoft finally got it through their heads, but truth be told, the damage has been done, at least for me. Microsoft's attitude towards everything really was the deciding factor for me. It's going to take some heavy persuasion to even have me consider getting that thing.
I thought I'd have to wait until a really bad launch for this ;D If all those creepy Kinect problems are solved, I'll get it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Il on June 20, 2013, 03:32:33 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2013, 06:13:45 AM
Microsoft did what any reasonable company would do- cover their ass. It's amazing that they were smart enough to fix all of this so fast,
I heard Chuck Norris phoned Microsoft yesterday. Stuff happened.
:D :D :D :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

When Avaitor made his comment about Sony not being able to say that they've automatically one yet, I assumed he was talking about the competition from Nintendo and the PC as well. Obviously the XBONE is the still the weakest new hardware of this generation. They may have reversed most of the shit that was wrong with the console as a gaming device, but that merely only puts them back at square one (if that), and as I was saying before all of these announcements came to lower my opinion of Microsoft even further, they would need to step up their game (literally) to compete with Sony and Nintendo, and by that I was saying that they needed tons of interesting exclusives. They have none so far. So, yeah, that's still a pretty bad sign.

Sorry Microsoft, but Halo is not nearly enough for you guys to compete with other consoles, anymore.

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 20, 2013, 06:49:55 PM
Sorry Microsoft, but Halo is not nearly enough for you guys to compete with other consoles, anymore.

Especially when Bungie look like they made a powerhouse that is Destiny and it looks like it'll trump Halo, but I maybe jumping the gun too soon on that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

We'll have to wait and see if it turns out to be something special. Truth be told it looks like an MMO without actually technically being an MMO, which isn't exactly my thing, but I'll try and give Bungie the benefit of the doubt.

What I can say, though, is that 343's take on Halo just doesn't do anything for me, so I'm definitely drawing out of that series.

Grave

True, I'm sold on Destiny because it has a single player campaign, and Imo, Bungie can make some great single player experiences even if they're fairly short.

Kiddington

I missed E3 this year thanks to my computer being down (again), but from what I've been able to refresh myself in since, it looks as though my original plan will continue as scheduled.

I'll be sticking with Nintendo kthx. It's cute that Microsoft thinks they can backpedal out of that mess, and good for them for not being quite so hardline I guess, but the XBone still looks terrible. PS4? Eh... their presser was amusing, but I still don't see anything on there that's going to make that a Day 1 purchase. These things just continue to look like glorified Netflix boxes that can do everything but play games. I really don't give a fuck about all of this other stuff; I just want a console with good games. Novel concept, right?

I think for this gen, the Wii U will suffice. In the meantime, I should probably get around to investing in a good gaming PC one of these days. Been putting it off for way too long.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Kiddington on June 22, 2013, 02:45:05 AM
I missed E3 this year thanks to my computer being down (again), but from what I've been able to refresh myself in since, it looks as though my original plan will continue as scheduled.

I'll be sticking with Nintendo kthx. It's cute that Microsoft thinks they can backpedal out of that mess, and good for them for not being quite so hardline I guess, but the XBone still looks terrible. PS4? Eh... their presser was amusing, but I still don't see anything on there that's going to make that a Day 1 purchase. These things just continue to look like glorified Netflix boxes that can do everything but play games. I really don't give a fuck about all of this other stuff; I just want a console with good games. Novel concept, right?

I think for this gen, the Wii U will suffice. In the meantime, I should probably get around to investing in a good gaming PC one of these days. Been putting it off for way too long.

This pretty much sums up my entire feelings on how this generation will play out (for me) in a nutshell.

Avaitor

I'm still on the fence about the Wii-U myself. I'm excited about their new games, but it doesn't seem like an immediate must-buy like the original Wii was to me.

I'll probably end up getting it around the time Zelda, Smash and DK come out, but I still have my huge stack of Wii games to go through first. And honestly, I think I'd rather get a 360 and/or PS3 and get a chance to pick up the games on those consoles that I missed out on before I get to that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/