E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

EA, Ubisoft, and Activision all pushed for the DRM and used games I think, IIRC. We'll see how they treat Sony this coming generation since it seems they didn't want to play ball. (EA already spat on Nintendo)

So far though, nothing is really pulling me away from a PC/Wii-U combo.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Is Sony's conference going to be online to watch later? I've been hearing they knocked it out of the park. Killer Instinct sounds like the only dud.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I will slap you so hard your family line will end this very instant for that comment.

Also, that was in the Microsoft conference. The Sony one should be available soon enough since it ended a little over an hour ago.

Lord Dalek

So yeah the PS4 is basically the PS3 with a 4 slapped on it and it can't play PS3 games because you know... WE GOTTA HAS THE MONIES!

And yet: "OMG GUYZ LUUK AT DAT PWOCESSSOR PAWWER!" - Shawn Hopkins

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 10, 2013, 11:08:32 PM
I will slap you so hard your family line will end this very instant for that comment.

Also, that was in the Microsoft conference. The Sony one should be available soon enough since it ended a little over an hour ago.

I should have clarified that out of all of E3 KI was the dud. Sorry. If its any consolation, I haven't seen the video and still want to; I'm just stating what the general consensus seems to be. Doesn't mean I agree with it.  ;)

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 10, 2013, 11:17:48 PM
So yeah the PS4 is basically the PS3 with a 4 slapped on it and it can't play PS3 games because you know... WE GOTTA HAS THE MONIES!

And yet: "OMG GUYZ LUUK AT DAT PWOCESSSOR PAWWER!" - Shawn Hopkins

Ugh, I just saw the post he directed at you. I can't stand his smugness.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
And now Sony has confirmed that the PS4 will support used games, nor does it require an internet connection. Cue the crowd going wild.
The likelihood I will ever purchase a PS4 just rose from 0% to 20%.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2013, 11:30:37 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on June 10, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
And now Sony has confirmed that the PS4 will support used games, nor does it require an internet connection. Cue the crowd going wild.
The likelihood I will ever purchase a PS4 just rose from 0% to 20%.
Used PS4 games only. That's one big catch.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 11, 2013, 12:11:16 AM
Lack of BC isn't even a shock at this point. I'm genuinely surprised the Wii-U can play Wii games.

I'm just glad to know Sony is being smart, in case some really good games come out this gen that aren't available on PC or Wii-U.

talonmalon333

So I hear Sony was awesome. Fact or fiction?

Eddy

Sony wasn't so much "awesome" as they were just doing what should be expected of a company and trusting their consumers and not treating them like criminals. They basically shat all over Microsoft and it was hilarious.

Sony basically confirmed for me that I'm never going to have a reason to ever buy a XBONE. I'll be getting a Wii U for sure and, if I get another console, it's going to be the PS4. XBONE can suck it.

Also, people shouldn't get too excited for Killer Instinct. It's being made by Double Helix. The guys that made Silent Hill: Homecoming. :whuh:

Eddy

Also, Dead Rising 3 looks like trash. The only colors I could see in that gameplay were brown, gray, and red. It was dark and gritty. The developers even said they're going for a more serious tone. So, basically, they're doing everything opposite from what a Dead Rising game is supposed to be which are goofy, over the top, full of colors, and allow you to kill zombies with a mannequin torso while wearing a tutu and a Servbot mask. XBONE can keep that exclusive.

The only XBONE exclusive I'm truly saddened about is D4, the new game from Swery (of Deadly Premonition fame). I love Swery and Deadly Premonition was easily one of my favorite games to come out of last gen but, I'm sorry, I just cannot justify the purchase of an XBONE.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 11, 2013, 12:18:27 AM
Well outside of the pricetag and Sony trolling Microsoft, the actual console looks to be a steaming load of hot air. It's basically the 32X to the PS3's Genesis for better or worse.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on June 11, 2013, 12:14:35 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 11, 2013, 12:11:16 AM
Lack of BC isn't even a shock at this point.
That doesn't make it less stupid. Especially when considering the PS4's claims of being supperior are dubious at best.

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 11, 2013, 12:47:57 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 11, 2013, 12:18:27 AM
Well outside of the pricetag and Sony trolling Microsoft, the actual console looks to be a steaming load of hot air. It's basically the 32X to the PS3's Genesis for better or worse.

The PS4 already has more than one noteworthy exclusive for it though. :P