E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

New Donkey Kong and Mario game looks splendid.

Also motherfucking Smash Bros was worth the wait. A little disappointed they didn't go for the realistic look again, I wanted to see rust on Samus and MegaMan along with wrinkles on Mario's face and scratches on Link's sword :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 09:58:31 AM
They'd have to be crazy not to bring back Sonic.
Considering the 3 game deal, I'd have to say he's a lock.

Snake's probably out, though. I would have picked Simon Belmont over him anyway for Konami.

The only third party characters I ever wanted for Smash were Sonic, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, and Crono anyway. Anyone else feels like a waste to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Add in Bomberman and replace Crono with Black Mage and it's pretty much for same to me. Anyone else is just "Wild dreams that will never become reality" territory.

I wouldn't mind someone like Shantae making it in though.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'd like Simon to replace Snake too, but since Konami has become nothing but Kojima's personal finance company that probably won't happen.

I wonder what Namco character will make the cut. I'm 80% sure Pac-Man will make it since they got creative as hell with Villager.

Spark Of Spirit

I could go with some Bomberman but that probably would have been more likely before the Konami buyout. Simon might be likely though with the whole reboot thing and Simon being in the 3DS game... but yeah it's probably Snake or nobody unfortunately.

Namco probably means Pac-Man... though if it was I'm surprised he wasn't in this trailer since he's so well-known. Honestly I would pick Klonoa for Namco even if that has next to no chance.

As for Nintendo characters... I'm still holding out hope for Little Mac and Mike Jones even if the latter is not going to happen.

PS: Does anyone else think the 3DS has exclusive handheld stages? The Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs level look like they fit 3DS more than Wii-U.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Wind Waker HD are the Best Buy demos.

That's not a bad sampling. But I really hope Mario Kart 8 is better than Wii. The bikes leave me a bit cold.

Rynnec

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 11, 2013, 10:36:04 AM
I wonder what Namco character will make the cut. I'm 80% sure Pac-Man will make it since they got creative as hell with Villager.

My money's on either Pac-Man, Klonoa, or a Tales of character. I just hope it's not a Tekken  character.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:41:47 AM
I could go with some Bomberman but that probably would have been more likely before the Konami buyout. Simon might be likely though with the whole reboot thing and Simon being in the 3DS game... but yeah it's probably Snake or nobody unfortunately.

Fucking Konami.

QuoteAs for Nintendo characters... I'm still holding out hope for Little Mac and Mike Jones even if the latter is not going to happen.

Unless that boxing stage is actually meant to be King Dedede's arena, then Little Mac's all but guaranteed.

QuotePS: Does anyone else think the 3DS has exclusive handheld stages? The Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs level look like they fit 3DS more than Wii-U.

I think they stated that there would be exclusive stages (along with characters) back when these were first announced.

Speaking of stages and characters, I think this game will benefit a lot from DLC.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:46:49 AM
Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Wind Waker HD are the Best Buy demos.

That's not a bad sampling. But I really hope Mario Kart 8 is better than Wii. The bikes leave me a bit cold.

Loved the Bikes quite a bit actually. Then again, I'm a sucker for motorcycles.

I just hope it won't be an item abuse fest.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:41:47 AM
PS: Does anyone else think the 3DS has exclusive handheld stages? The Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs level look like they fit 3DS more than Wii-U.

There is. They're not the same games. Also, the villager only has screenshots from the WiiU version.

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 10:50:30 AM

I liked the bikes but I really wish they'd bring back the double karts.

Daxdiv

FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED!

But yeah, the other games there looked sweet as well. Kind of liked the new Mario game, along with DK as well. Smash Bros goes without saying, though I will say that I do like the art style they're using on the 3DS.

Spark Of Spirit

Wonderful 101 looks awesome. The voice acting is so 1980s that it works.

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 10:50:30 AMUnless that boxing stage is actually meant to be King Dedede's arena, then Little Mac's all but guaranteed.
OH MAN YOU'RE RIGHT! I totally forgot about that stage! Yes, that's a perfect stage for Little Mac.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:46:49 AM

My issue with the bikes was their boosting mechanic basically made using karts pointless. Fix that and I'm good.

The gravity mechanic looks interesting and they brought back some of the best stages from 7 so I'm still interested. I also think saving it for 2014 is a smart idea since I was sure it would have been rushed if it came out this year.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 11, 2013, 10:59:34 AM
FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED!

But yeah, the other games there looked sweet as well. Kind of liked the new Mario game, along with DK as well. Smash Bros goes without saying, though I will say that I do like the art style they're using on the 3DS.
The idea of 4 player co-op in a 3D platformer looks like an interesting idea as wellas having all 4 characters play like they did in SMB2. I'm just REALLY hoping they add vegetables in there.

A 3D Mario and 3D Sonic game in the same year. Like, wow.

Spark Of Spirit

Mega Man 2, 3, and 4 were all just released on the Wii-U eshop.

Commode

New DKC is always a good thing, especially with Dixie Kong.  Haven't seen her in a while.

Also am excited for Smash from everything I'm hearing(wish I could watch the videos, but they are all blocked on the ship, not enough bandwidth).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm hoping there is some way to play as Diddy and Dixie as a team for some DKC2 nods.

Quote from: Comeau on June 11, 2013, 11:53:35 AM
New DKC is always a good thing, especially with Dixie Kong.  Haven't seen her in a while.

Also am excited for Smash from everything I'm hearing(wish I could watch the videos, but they are all blocked on the ship, not enough bandwidth).
Mega Man is updated but he moves exactly like he does in the NES games when he jumps or gets hit. He has the slide, charge shot, Rush (this will be his Up-B, I bet), and a Wily Castle as his stage.

talonmalon333

My thoughts on Nintendo's direct (from the stuff I've seen):

- With Super Mario 3D World, they're finally doing what I have been asking: bringing back the playable characters from SMB2 with their powerups. Finally Peach isn't just a token... Rest of this game's reveal was a big letdown.
- Mario Kart looks great. I still have yet to feel a need to upgrade from Double Dash, but this looks somewhat promising. Graphics look better than 3D World's... Still not sure why they are suddenly using numbers in these game's names. :P
- Wind Waker HD looks pretty good in motion. It seems to retain the simplicity of the original (which I believed that it lost when I first saw the initial screenshots months ago). But damn, that bloom is still blinding. I thought that wouldn't be an issue when the game is in motion, but nope. It's pretty cool that they allow the player to speed up the boat.
- DKC Tropical Freeze looks solid. The reveal of Dixie as a playable character was a great save. I was afraid that this was going to be too New Super Mario Bros. esque. Can't say I'm excited, though.
- Good to see Mega Man in the next Super Smash Bros. We all knew it had to happen someday and were basically just waiting for it. I lol'd at the "release date". We all remember what happened with Brawl being delayed. :lol: