E3 2013

Started by Foggle, June 10, 2013, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Yay on Little Mac and Pac-Man. Bleh on Mii.

Avaitor

Not bad.

Oh, do you get to customize the Animal Crossing villager, ala your character from the game? That would be sweet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 10:47:11 PM
My Hank Hill Mii says otherwise.  8)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:52:33 PM

Will he have Mike Judge voice clips?

Avaitor

I actually made Miis of the Archie characters.

I don't even know why.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 10:54:19 PM

If only you could record voice clips for the Miis... Man that would be killer. So much potential.

*Hank flies off into the distance* BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

If only you could record voice clips for the Miis... Man that would be killer. So much potential.

Hank's intro quote:

"I sell propane and propane accessories."

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on June 12, 2013, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

Hank's intro quote:

"I sell propane and propane accessories."
"Where's the button to turn myself in?"

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Rynnec on June 11, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
Also, Max gives his thoughts on KI3.

Glad to hear the game has a real chance at finding its audience. Just a shame its being sold as pieces.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
Smash rumors ahoy!
So I guess the boxing ring stage might actually be the WVBA arena and not the new Final Destination? Nice.
I don't know how a Mii would work nor do I feel too comfortable with most of the newcomers being noncombatants in their original games, but I have faith that Bamco can pull it off.

Grave

So what was Capcom's big surprise? I'm looking and looking and I see nothing. Please don't tell me it was Megaman being in Smash Bros. Or does E3 continue today? (I'm seeing a E3 wrap-up from Rev Games youtube channel)

Then again, I suppose looking deeper into it, the fighting game scene is already over-saturated with fighters, although, I don't see Injustice really lasting all that long (but then again, TO's are really pushing for the game), and the hype for Marvel has begun to die (big time too). KoF13 seems to just be there (although Evo is right around the corner and I'm expecting the hype for that to ramp back up) and Persona 4 Arena is pretty much done for at this point. 2013 patch for Super Street Fighter 4 which I'm really expecting to ramp things back up for that game as well. Street Fighter x Tekken is still going strong as well (TO's just keep streaming at bad times for me)

With that said though, if Tuesday was the last day for E3, I might as well give my final thoughts (I missed out on Nintendo, although considering all the Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong talk, I will just say congrats Nintendo fans)

Killer Instinct 3. Finally seeing actual gameplay footage, I definitely see the Street Fighter 4 comparison. I will say that if you're going to take from someone take from the best, and they did. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the KI series, but I really liked what I saw. It's just really bad that it's only for the Xbone (although, if they were looking to make money I don't see that lasting) because I don't see it lasting at a tournament scene at all.

I also got a chance to see the gameplay footage of Final Fantasy 15. I won't say my faith has been restored, but it definitely perked my interest.

Overall, I would probably say this year's E3 was a letdown. I was expecting to see more games since we're going through such a dry period. As much as I appreciate seeing MGS5, Destiny, AC4, Batman, and Watch Dogs, in the end I'm like is that it? Where's the rest? After watching E3 for 3 days (I think the 4th would be the wrap-up) I'd usually be hype for at least 7-8 games. It's almost like E3 is becoming irrelevant, especially with all these conference's being held before E3, not to mention Nintendo Direct, and then on top of that, it seems like developers can't avoid leaks.

Edit:

Oh, almost forgot. Microsoft.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-xbox-one-will-be-leading-product-people-love-and-embrace-6409895/

Quote from: GamespotMicrosoft's controversial announcement that the Xbox One will require an Internet connection has led to consumer backlash, but the company isn't concerned this will keep the platform from becoming an industry leader.

"Xbox has been created for gamers, by gamers," Mattrick told GTTV. "I find it kind of ironic when people take a step back and think, 'This is a company that hasn't thought about, at its core, what it means to have great games experiences.' So, we're going to deliver that. And I think in the long run, we'll build a global leading product that people are going to love and embrace."

Asked if Microsoft anticipated pushback concerning the Xbox One's connectivity and used-game policies, Mattrick said "absolutely," due in part to the vocal nature of gamers.

"It's a super passionate community of people. They're loving what we do," Mattrick said. "It's very important to them and they're opinionated. And they're smart. So they look at all those things and say, 'Hey, is this going to impact me in a negative way?' And until you use it, it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

For those who don't have an Internet connection--Mattrick brought up an example of a person living on a submarine--he pointed out that the Xbox 360 is not going away anytime soon.

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360," Mattrick said. "If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device."

Really? Microsoft really want to tell people stuff like this at this moment? If this was posted already my fault.

Edit 2:

Disregard what I said about my overall thoughts of E3. I see that it's still going on.

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, since I saw the big four Nintendo E3 games up close here are my opinions.

Mario Kart 8

You have to see this in person. 1080p and 60fps is incredibly smooth even with all the chaos going on and two player split screen. I didn't play it, but from what I heard was that the vehicles control smoother. There were three courses and you couldn't choose specific vehicles for demo purposes but wheelies are gone so I think the only difference between the two is weight and top speed now. Item choices were limited to mushrooms, green shells, red shells, and bananas. Waluigi's loss quote is "I'll get you next time, cheater!"

Super Mario 3D World

It looks and moves like Galaxy. Level design is wide open with lots to do and four players is a lot less chaotic since you're not all sharing limited screen space together. I'm going to be playing this on Saturday hopefully, but this went over big with the attendees. Everybody wanted to try different characters and try each of the five stages. I think it's in Subcon because next to the floating dinosaur level is one of the little Subcon fairies. The game also moves buttery smooth and even the art style has nothing in common with SM3DL except the SMB3 style blocks in the first level. Toad is probably going to be my main.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I played this with nunchuck and wiimote since it was the only combo available and I think they fixed the rolling. you don't lose momentum and roll jumps feel really smooth. I was playing as Diddy and another guy was DK and we played through two levels (out 4) that were available to play. The first level has a nifty Jungle Hijinx remix by David Wise and the level is pretty long. You dive off a cliff side into a lake (yay swimming!) and run through scrapped battleships embedded in the rock side that collapse. The new puling mechanic is great and feels as smooth as SMB2 and gives new purpose to ground pounding. Blowing is gone, and there are no more weird wall collision things since the physics seem tighter. The game took a while to load since it's an E3 demo, but the game again runs really smooth and looks pretty great.

The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

It's Wind Waker, so I didn't play it. But I watched somebody play it. This is something you have to see up close to appreciate, I mean there was an audible gasp in the crowd when Outset Island loaded up. It looks like a moving cartoon, and I have to say that removing the cell-shading was a good idea because it would really jar with the graphics. Otherwise it's Wind Waker, so you know it's great. Oh yeah, and somebody picked up a miiverse bottle but since it's not in the demo we didn't get to see how it worked.

I'm going back on Saturday with a friend since we're planning on seeing a movie nearby so hopefully I can give more impressions on the others.

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 12, 2013, 06:13:20 PMSuper Mario 3D World

I think it's in Subcon because next to the floating dinosaur level is one of the little Subcon fairies.

:zonk: Subcon? You mean the SMB2 world that's supposed to be a dream?

talonmalon333

I think, overall, Sony and Nintendo tied this year's E3. Both have been great. Microsoft... the less said the better.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on June 12, 2013, 09:23:21 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 12, 2013, 06:13:20 PMSuper Mario 3D World

I think it's in Subcon because next to the floating dinosaur level is one of the little Subcon fairies.

:zonk: Subcon? You mean the SMB2 world that's supposed to be a dream?
That's exactly the one! I wonder if the plot is Mario and the gang going to Subcon because Bowser invaded and teamed up with Wart or something. It definitely will lead to some interesting settings.

talonmalon333

Spark, you say you saw Wind Waker HD up close, right? From the videos and pics I've seen, I still think the original version looks more appealing (that bloom just looks excessive). I suppose you can protest to that from seeing it up close?

EDIT: Also, can we really say the cel-shading is gone from the remake?