What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

You guys like the water levels in Super Mario 64? Yick.

But again, SM64 has never been a game that has held my attention even back when it came out. It was clearly not a game made for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2015, 12:48:31 PM
You guys like the water levels in Super Mario 64? Yick.
God no! I just love the music in them.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2015, 10:44:49 AM
Would you be able to name some of those songs, or at least, the levels some of them play in?
Almost all of them. Bob-Omb Battlefield and Whomp's Fortress are a good place to start.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 12:55:15 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 15, 2015, 10:44:49 AM
Would you be able to name some of those songs, or at least, the levels some of them play in?
Almost all of them. Bob-Omb Battlefield and Whomp's Fortress are a good place to start.
The best theme in SM64

There are a few really good tunes in the game, but that's still my favorite one. Was so excited when they brought it back to Galaxy 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Avaitor

So yeah, the Wii-U is still my top console priority, but the recent Rare collection and 360 backwards compatibility has made the X-Box One my next choice. I'm trying to think of the 360 games I'll want to catch up on when I get it, and these come to mind so far-

Ninja Gaiden II (I'm still looking for Black, EK, but for some reason, I can find every other highly-ranked X-Box game for a decent price around here BUT this one. Occasionally I'll find the original NG, and even that is usually a little more than I'm willing to spend)
The Orange Box
Mass Effect 1-3
Halo Reach

Anything else you guys think I should add?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ninja Gaiden II is great, but still very flawed. I'd recommend starting out on Acolyte difficulty for that game,  which is more of a "normal" mode than an "easy" one.

Have you played any Platinum games? Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are must plays if you haven't tried them.

Also, there's the DMC HD collection which contains two excellent games (just ignore DMC2). Devil May Cry 4 is also good, but you're better off getting the Special Edition releasing next week if you plan to get an XBONE and don't mind the fact that it's only available as a digital download in North America.

Alan Wake is a great game, especially if you're a fan of Remedy's previous work, Max Payne 1 & 2, though the DLC isn't as strong, IMO.

Sonic Generations is a must play if you're a Sonic fan.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 16, 2015, 08:54:53 PM
Have you played any Platinum games? Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are must plays if you haven't tried them.
I'm more familiar with Clover's work, having played Okami and the first Viewtiful Joe. But I do own MadWorld for the Wii, which like a lot of great games, I'm still sleeping on.

Thanks for the recs though, EK! I actually have been meaning to get to all of these, but I forgot about them for some reason. But I think I might get Bayonetta on the Wii-U. There's a pack with both games, right?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Left 4 Dead 2 if you enjoy co-op.

Bionic Commando ReArmed and its sequel, Shadow Complex, Double Dragon Neon, and Hard Corps Uprising from XBLA are essentials. Also, the XBLA versions of the Banjo games and Perfect Dark are better than the originals.

Quote from: Avaitor on June 16, 2015, 08:58:24 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 16, 2015, 08:54:53 PM
I'm more familiar with Clover's work, having played Okami and the first Viewtiful Joe. But I do own MadWorld for the Wii, which like a lot of great games, I'm still sleeping on.

Thanks for the recs though, EK! I actually have been meaning to get to all of these, but I forgot about them for some reason. But I think I might get Bayonetta on the Wii-U. There's a pack with both games, right?
Bayonetta 2 comes with 1, yes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Bayonetta 2 comes with the first game, and the Wii-U version of the first game is a superior port to the XBOX360 and PS3 versions, so that's the definitive version to go with.

Avaitor

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed what I played of the first L4D with my ex's little brother, so I'd be glad to add that to the list.

Thanks, you guys! I'm finding a lot of great stuff to add. But I'm still planning on getting to the Wii-U first, either before or after a 3DS, but definitely before new Star Fox. And I know what I'm getting when I do- Smash and Wonderful 101.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I still need to get The Orange Box. I've never played Half-Life 2.

Bulletstorm, The Darkness and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon are all good (the latter is only a few hours long though). The Darkness 2 and Riddick Assault On Dark Atena (which comes with Butcher Bay) sounds good but I've only played demoes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

The only thing I have to add that no one else has mentioned is Nier!

Spark Of Spirit

I also think the Wii U version of Deus Ex and Rayman Legends are the best console versions, so you might want to look out for those.

EDIT: Oh, and since we were talking about it in the other thread, Transformers: War For Cybertron for the 360 is great.

Spark Of Spirit

Just started a new game in Bowser's Inside Story. So far, so great. Really a shame that this series isn't better known.