Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

QuoteAlso, of course I completely agree with Avaitor about Future Trunks's character introduction in DBZ. Once again, it shocked me that they actually didn't censor Frieza being cut in half, though I do believe they cut out the part where Trunks minced the rest of him into tiny little chunks of meat and then fried them with a Ki blast, but they kind of had to cut that part out.

They showed the actual cutting motions and the blast, they just left out the part where it showed Frieza's chopped up remains floating in the air before Trunks fires his ki blast.

Also, as a Bionicle fan, I remember being all "OMFG" when Mask of Light aired with an extended ending that showed footage of the then upcoming prequel movie.

Rynnec

So there are apparently rumours that A Certain Magical Index would air floating around Dragoncon.

...Well, at least I won't have to go out of my way to check this show out if it's true. I would've preferred something like Persona 4.

Hey Aniplex, you guys can get up off your lazy asses and dub Fate/Zero for broadcast anytime now.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on September 02, 2012, 01:25:50 AM
So there are apparently rumours that A Certain Magical Index would air floating around Dragoncon.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on September 02, 2012, 01:25:50 AM
:unimpressed:

Rynnec

:lol:

I know the series isn't very popular 'round these parts, so is there anything I should look out for? Is it haremshit? generic shounenshit? Or just plain shit? If this rumour turns out to be true, I've gotta know what exactly I'm getting myself into.

Foggle

It's all three. And that's before considering Railgun...

Dr. Insomniac

It's about this place where every kid has superpowers, kind of like X-Men but without the grounded drama. There's this kid named Touma who goes to remedial classes, and happens to find an albino nun who has the knowledge of an entire library's worth of ancient tomes in her mind. And he has to protect her from this crazy albino guy whose superpower is to break the plot. Along the way, they meet this tsundere who shoots out lightning like Pikachu, and a lesbian who keeps trying to rape the aforementioned tsundere. This goes on for like 50 episodes, and a 26 episode spinoff.

Rynnec

Sounds like the perfect replacement for Bleach.  :whuh:

Peanutbutter

There's some news from Jason DeMarco. Toonami is going to stop repeating and expand to six hours. Bebop will come back around the tail end. What's more is that Thundercats (the reboot, not the 80s one) and Sym-Bionic Titan will air on it soon.

Personally I think Titan and the Cats should air earlier than 2:00/1:00c, but at least the lineup is changing a little. Hopefully this opens the door for more additions later on.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Those are pretty random choices, but welcome. Maybe if Titan gets that far, I'll catch what I missed of it during its run.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Where did you leave off?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 26, 2012, 05:15:24 PM
Where did you leave off?
I don't even remember! I'll check the descriptions when the show ends to find out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Hey, now I'll finally have a reason to watch it again!  :awesome:

Nice to see Titan back; kinda looking forward to catching up with that again, especially to see how well it holds up. I was in the crowd that was pretty jilted when they dropped the axe on it the first time around, so this should be interesting.

Rynnec

According to this tweet, Aniplex USA is taking suggestions on what shows they should pitch to Toonami on Facebook.