Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, people are gonna be excited for a 5AM show.

Seriously, just go on FUNi's Youtube page, and you can make your own Toonami block that would be a dozen times better than what they have now.

Rynnec

I could take or leave Inuyasha, but GXP is something that would've made since back in '04 or '03, but airing it now seems like a waste. It's obvious that it was only picked do to the fact that it has "Tenchi Muyo" slapped onto it.

Dr. Insomniac

Like how hard is it to just pile on some Black Lagoon, with some Stand Alone Complex and Tiger And Bunny, combined with a helping of Madoka and Ergo Proxy, all on top of some delicious Texhnolyze?

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on November 05, 2012, 01:36:00 AM
I could take or leave Inuyasha, but GXP is something that would've made since back in '04 or '03, but airing it now seems like a waste. It's obvious that it was only picked do to the fact that it has "Tenchi Muyo" slapped onto it.

That, and it probably cost them like next to nothing.

I realize they're on a budget and all, but come on...

Dr. Insomniac

I'm really under the idea that FUNi offered good shows, but AS picked them because of the name basis. After all, FUNi has everything to gain by offering good shows to air. It's just that the prime meat is getting snubbed in favor of comfort food.

Kiddington

Inuyasha is comfort food?  :whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 05, 2012, 01:45:04 AM
I'm really under the idea that FUNi offered good shows, but AS picked them because of the name basis. After all, FUNi has everything to gain by offering good shows to air. It's just that the prime meat is getting snubbed in favor of comfort food.

According to a Facebook post FUNI made a while back, that's essentially what happned when they picked up Casshern Sins (just replace "name bias" with "personal interests").

Quote from: Kiddington on November 05, 2012, 01:46:21 AM

For thirteen year olds, yes.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 05, 2012, 01:47:23 AM
For the crazies.

:light:

...but seriously, I'd more than love to know where Toonami's actual operating budget stands at this point, because unless they're absolutely running on damn near pennies to the dollar, there is no excuse for a lineup this run-of-the-mill.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 05, 2012, 01:47:23 AM
For the crazies.

I like Inuyasha. It isn't the best anime in the world, but it's pretty enjoyable. Certaintly more so than Bleach.

I'm hoping that when Brotherhood ends they'll add the other Funimation show or shows they acquired to the lineup, and that hopefully they chose stuff like Black Lagoon or something most people actually want to watch. I dont think Funimation is offereing low enough prices for some of their shows as Dr. Insomniac is suggesting, but certaintly [adult swim] should have the decency to discern which shows in their price range are of the highest quality and put those on, rather than appeal to nostalgic diehards who will be inevitably dissapointed.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 04, 2012, 09:12:50 PM
Did GXP not kill the Tenchi franchise?

I mean it already had problems with never actually finishing a continuity it started, but that was not what fans wanted from a Tenchi show.

There's a new series, Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, that still airing I think. I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it's actually pretty good, so I guess the franchise has life left in it afterall.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 05, 2012, 01:40:51 AM
Like how hard is it to just pile on some Black Lagoon, with some Stand Alone Complex and Tiger And Bunny, combined with a helping of Madoka and Ergo Proxy, all on top of some delicious Texhnolyze?

Viz is probably charging a lot for Tiger and Bunny, but the rest should be feasible for Toonami to get, which begs the question of why they haven't gotten them yet, especially Black Lagoon.

Nel_Annette

I would love for Black Lagoon to be on. Would certainly bring me back.

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 04, 2012, 01:16:04 PM
Hello, new guy here. Just wanted to share some thoughts.
Missed this post somehow. Welcome to the forum, Cartoon X!

Kiddington

A new guy? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

So, uh... welcome!  :happytime:

gunswordfist

Yes, welcome to the site Animation Revelation!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks for the warm welcomes!  ;D