Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Losing Inuyasha this early was the last thing I was expecting to happen to Toonami this year. I really thought they'd go for a full run, especially since it consistently did better at 5:30 than 5:00 (surprisingly). When they reduced it to a half-hour, I thought Toonami was doing that to flesh it out for the whole year; they had 49 episodes left by the end of 2013.

Good call on replacing it with SBT as an emergency backup.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 25, 2014, 05:21:29 PM
A small part of me wanted to check out Inuyasha again

Don't ever bother with the anime. Read the manga.

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 25, 2014, 05:21:29 PM
I'm glad Titan is back. I'd actually watch that. I wonder if Netflix has it.

Unfortunately, it's not on Netflix. It is on [adult swim] video, though.

Avaitor

Have I mentioned that Cartoon Network's Netflix additions have been a total waste?

So few of the shows that they added up have their full runs, and they haven't updated anything since they came on. You'd think that Titan could make it on easy with only one season, but nada.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I appreciate what they do have on there, though I definitely would like to see all of Billy and Mandy and Cow and Chicken put up. As far as updates go, I'd expect them sometime during the next two months, since it'll have been a year since they were put up in the first place and I'm assuming CN will add stuff as they renew their contract with Netflix (as other companies have done with their shows in the past).

The lack of Titan is odd considering even poorly performed shows like Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome were added. I somehow doubt they'll ever put it on, at least not under the Cartoon Network name (now as an [adult swim] property, maybe).

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on February 25, 2014, 09:19:18 PM
Have I mentioned that Cartoon Network's Netflix additions have been a total waste?

So few of the shows that they added up have their full runs, and they haven't updated anything since they came on. You'd think that Titan could make it on easy with only one season, but nada.
Oh right. :srs: Shoulda know betta.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Yeah its that time again...

TOONAMI FROM HEAVEN 2K15 EDITION V1.0

11.5: Attack On Titan
12.0: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
12.5: Kill la Kill
01.0: Nobunagun
01.5: Magi
02.0: Jormungand
02.5: Psycho-Pass
03.0: Full Metal Panic!
03.5: Last Exile
04.0: Black Lagoon
04.5: Cowboy Bebop HD Remaster
05.0: Macross
05.5: Gatchaman

LumRanmaYasha

Well, if we're doing this again, I'd say my dream Toonami 2015 lineup right now'd be:

11.5 Hunter X Hunter (2011) (it irritates me that this hasn't been licensed yet)
12.0 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (hey, I can dream, right?)
12.5 Kill la Kill (this has a chance of happening, at least I hope so)
1.0 InuYasha: The Final Act (air this already goddamit)
1.5 Magi (they should have gotten this instead of meh exorcist)
2.0 Psycho-Pass (this better happen at some point)
2.5 Tiger and Bunny (I'm flabbergasted why they haven't aired this yet)
3.0 Gurren Lagann (how awesome would it be to have GL and KLK in the same lineup?)
3.5 Black Lagoon (I hope this reruns)
4.0 Cowboy Bebop (this will come back)
4.5 Space Dandy (this has to rerun)
5.0 Beware the Batman (this show really should have gotten better treatment from CN)
5.5 The Secret Saturdays (if Jack can air, why not this. Do it, DeMarco!)

My nagging realism prevents me from putting any "new" shows past 3am, but my optimism hopes for BL and SD to rerun, at least.

Daikun

So, Toonami just debuted a new format and some new animations tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWMZ488JM1A

Personally, I'm not really digging this one. The bumps feel more like screensavers or stock PowerPoint backgrounds, and the typeface is rather lame. Maybe I'm just used to their creative and flashy sci-fi-ish fonts over the years, but this doesn't look too interesting.

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, I kind of like the new look, though it does feel rather plain compared to the previous one. But I'll agree that the font is rather uninteresting compared to just about any of the previous ones.

Lord Dalek

SEPARATED AT BIRTH?!?

Dr. Insomniac

Rosalinas Spare Wand

God help us, the day of reckoning has come.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 12, 2014, 09:17:32 PM
God help us, the day of reckoning has come.
The tears have already begun to fall.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh good, they got the phenomenon that is not only by far the most popular anime of the last few years but a guaranteed ratings and commercial hit as well. I'll watch it time to time for the dub, depending on when they air it. Still rather they air something I actually care about, like Psycho-Pass, though.  :humhumhum:

Oh, here's the schedule starting May 3rd, by the way:

11:30  Attack on Titan
12:00  Bleach
12:30  Space Dandy
1:00 Naruto: Shippuden
1:30  One Piece
2:00  Blue Exorcist
2:30 Black Lagoon
3:00  Naruto
3:30  GITS
4:00  FMAB
4:30 Samurai Jack
5:00  SWCW
5:30  Sym?bionic Titan

Aw, no more OP at 1. That seemed like such a perfect time for it. But the real thing that worries me a bit is Dandy at 12:30, after Bleach. I'd rather it air at 12, for obvious reasons. Hopefully when new episodes return, they'll move it up a slot, or move it back to 11:30, giving Titan 12 instead.

Titan airing at 11:30 proves that they know how big the show is, so nice to know they are still in the know, I guess.

Foggle

Space Dandy does not appeal to fujoshi or shounen fanboys like Attack on Titan does, and Bleach is somehow still incredibly popular in the US, so Dandy will probably remain at 12:30.