Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 13, 2014, 01:20:39 AM
Quote from: RacattackForce on April 12, 2014, 11:48:41 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 12, 2014, 11:28:03 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 12, 2014, 11:26:29 PM
I didn't even know that Bleach was cancelled.
That's what I came to say. Also that and lol and I had no clue it was tanking in Japan and lol.
Welcome to three years ago.

Technically, Bleach has been off Japanese airwaves for 2 years, but whose really counting? :P All I remember was it being replaced by that goofy Rock Lee spin-off that ran for a year. I still wonder if Pierrot will come back and wrap up the Bleach anime sometime after Kubo finishes the manga, which should be soon considering this is supposed to be the final arc.
Jeez, really?!

Edit: Silly enough, I didn't even know Shonen Jump series could get canceled. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Starting May 10th

11:30 ? Attack on Titan

12:00 ? Bleach

12:30 ? Space Dandy

1:00 ? Naruto: Shippuden

1:30 ? One Piece

2:00 ? Blue Exorcist

2:30 ? Black Lagoon

3:00 ? Beware the Batman

3:30 ? Naruto

4:00 ? FMAB

4:30 ? Samurai Jack

5:00 ? SWCW

5:30 - Sym?bionic Titan

Well that's happening. A year or so ago, DC put the kibosh on Young Justice or Green Lantern ever airing on Toonami, but now BTB is a-okay. And yep, it's beyond dead now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Well, at least Beware the Batman has another shot at completing it's 26 episode order.

LumRanmaYasha

It was pretty obvious that CN did not care about the series anyway, so I'm really, really glad to see it find a new home on Toonami. This actually gives me incentive to watch the block again in the interim before Dandy's return. It's also exciting to think how, once they get to episode 12, they'll be airing premiere episodes of the show, the first time Toonami has aired premieres of a western action show since the revival and probably one of the only times it will for the foreseeable future. That's pretty damn awesome. But really, BtB is a underrated show that really deserved better than how CN treated it, and I'm just glad to see it back on the air, and able to air it's full 26 episode run.

Spark Of Spirit

At 3am? Ouch.

Yeah, it's done.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 16, 2014, 06:17:25 PMWell, at least Beware the Batman has another shot at completing it's 26 episode order.

Confirmed.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 16, 2014, 06:56:17 PM
At 3am? Ouch.

Well, that's the only open premiere slot after Black Lagoon.

Again...the writing was on the wall for a while now. Everyone knew it was done for by the time they released first half of the show released on dvd with two unaired episodes on it. The important thing here is that at least it'll get to air it's full 26 episode order, which should tell a satisfyingly complete storyline if how GL:TAS went was any indication. This is far more preferable than the show never airing on tv again, or doomed to release it's last 13 episodes direct to dvd. So  :bleh:

Lord Dalek

Beware the Breadroll? Whatever...

LumRanmaYasha

It's time once again to list the highlights of this month's Toonami Tumblr Q&A:

QuoteQ: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?

A: DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo?s are the top requests lately.

Cool. I really, really hope that interest in HXH and JJBA helps them get licensed and a deal for a Toonami broadcast. Same with Sailor Moon Crystal if it turns out good. And as for KLK, hopefully that can replace Blue Exorcist when the time comes in September.

QuoteQ: Are you guys going to put the full AOT opening?

A: The first show on the block will always have its open, so yes.

QuoteQ: Any new information on the total immersion event?

A: Hmm if you come to Momocon you might find out a little more?

QuoteQ:Do you guys see yourself obtaining the 11pm anytime soon, or this year rather?

A: We?re gonna stick with the bottom 1/2 half of the hour.

Daw, they could really use an extra half hour now. Perhaps Titan will change the game on that front.

Q: I believe the "Why aren't Jack and Naruto in their original format?" question refers to them being aired in widescreen, rather than the 4:3 they were produced in.

A: Oh, that?s a larger broadcast question that has nothing to do with us, that?s about AS running in HD and how things are converted for air.

QuoteQ: Who runs this blog outside of Q&A sessions, someone from the marketing team?

A: No, the staff of Toonami runs the blog. Mostly Jason and Gill.

QuoteQ: what was your first anime that u guys ever watch and enjoy.

A:Jason: Star Blazers, Force Five, Battle of the Planets
GIll: Star Blazers, Voltron, Battle of the Planets

QuoteQ: I'm not trying to sound rude, but how did you guys not notice Inuyasha was about to end until a week before it did?

A: It was something our lawyers notified us of, and we had no idea there was a set end date coming up. We took over Toonami years after that deal had been made. We never like to do something like that.
Q: I remember you guys said Young Justice couldn't air on Toonami because it was a DC Comics show, but now we're getting Beware the Batman. Does this mean DC has decided to see if their shows will work on Toonami, or is this similar to ThunderCats where it's free to air until the rights expire?

A: It?s a different thing than the other shows.

QuoteQ: Can you guys tell us all the staff at Toonami and what each person does? Love you guys :]

A: Jason- writes promos, works on programming, makes major decisions for block.
Chris- runs production, makes sure everything gets done on time and on budget, makes schedule for? everything.
Gill- writes promos, works on programming, works with Chris to set production schedule.
Sara- Editor
Jonny- Editor
Dave- Editor
Brent- mixes every single piece of audio in the block
Dennis- writes promos and game reviews
Q:Do you think that since Netflix has the rights to air season 6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, there is a low chance the season will air on the block?

A:We don?t anticipate that we?ll be airing season 6 of Clone Wars on Toonami, sorry!

Avaitor

Hmm, BTB is different, how? I'm curious.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

A few guys on the internet's demand for something (especially the face of past failure) =|= We feel willing to try again.

Lord Dalek

So I felt a CriterionForum style breakdown of what's coming and what's not was in order.

CONFIRMED FORTHCOMING SHOWS:

Attack on Titan (announced on a bump, airs Saturday)
Beware The Batman (airs May 10)
Space Dandy Season Two (tentatively July 5)

DISTINCT POSSIBILITIES

Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic: Rumored on ASMB, Season 2 to be dubbed this summer.
Sword Art Online II: Season 1 already aired on Toonami to decent ratings.
Kill La Kill: Heavily requested, dub not yet announced.
Fate/Zero: Heavily requested, dub aired on Neon Alley.
Durarara: First series aired on ASA (where it kinda failed).
Danganronpa The Animation: Was floated around when show was airing last summer.
Psycho-Pass: Upcoming second season may influence a decision on this.
Jormungand: Possible replacement for Black Lagoon.

STALLED EX-CERTAINTIES

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rumored to be passed on by Williams Street.
Tiger & Bunny: Allegedly not offered by Viz.
Valvrave The Liberator: Rumored to be released sub only due to poor Japanese performance
Young Justice: Contractual reasons.
Sailor Moon Franchise: Unlicensed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Unlicensed
Hunter x Hunter (2011 series): Unlicensed
Sentai Filmworks Catalog: While the relationship between WS and Section 31 is not as icy as one was led to believe, there has been little to no demand for specific Sentai licences to air on Toonami.

Avaitor

I wish Viz would just hit up the HXH 2K11 license already, but their "once a bomb, always a bomb" mentality proves that they probably won't, since the original didn't sell much.

Then again, Viz just sucks.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 28, 2014, 06:58:58 PM
Tiger & Bunny: Allegedly not offered by Viz.

This isn't true. I listened to a podcast with a Viz rep on ANN last summer (the same podcast that confirmed they dropped their rights to the Monster anime), and they said they offered the series to [adult swim] as well as other networks several times, but they've never shown any interest as of yet. Now, I'd like to think that the series is just a low-priority for the Toonami crew compared to other titles, and that they will eventually air it when a spot opens up, but that doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rumored to be passed on by Williams Street.

That's a shame, but I believe Soul Eater was passed on before, but they changed their mind about that, so if they have a change of heart (unlikely, but possible), then it could be plausible.

Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic: Rumored on ASMB, Season 2 to be dubbed this summer.

Rumors float around the ASMB all the time, so I wouldn't put stock in them. But, I do think it's a possible candidate to replace BE if they don't pick up KLK first, for some reason.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 28, 2014, 07:09:51 PM
I wish Viz would just hit up the HXH 2K11 license already, but their "once a bomb, always a bomb" mentality proves that they probably won't, since the original didn't sell much.

Then again, Viz just sucks.

I dunno, they are simulcasting the manga in Shonen Jump Alpha when the series resumes serialization this June, so they are clearly aware of it's popularity.

Anyway, I'd rather FUNi get it, myself, since they already have the anime adaptions of Togashi's other works, so it'd be kinda nice for them to have all three.

And as for the "Viz sucks" thing...their Ranma 1/2 blu ray release is incredible, better than anything Funi has ever put out, and it's clear it's they really put a lot of effort and love into it as well as their re-release of the manga. So, y'know, I can't really agree with that statement in terms of them "completely" sucking.  :P

Avaitor

The Ranma sets are looking good, but I'll jump off the "Viz sucks" bandwagon when they try the Monster anime again.

New blog!