Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Oh, that's right I think I even caught Cooler's Revenge when it came on. I forgot that fast. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

InuYasha: The Final Act is FINALLY coming to Toonami starting on November 15th at 2am.

Geez, that sure took them long enough. Well better late than never I suppose. The line-up is starting on the 15th will probably going to be my "favorite" since the block came back, since I'll like all of the shows on it except Shitpuden.

It seems that they didn't pick up the rights to every episode of Ultimate after all, though. They won't be airing the last two. Too bad for Hellsing fans, but I'm sure they'll get the rights to those and air them sometime later when they can.

Also, it's confirmed that Titan reruns will be staying at the 11:30 slot. Shocker. I wonder what they'll switch into 2:30 though, since most of what they have on hold for reruns is being used. I'm expecting it'll either be a new show from FUNi or FLCL reruns. If it's a new FUNi show, I'm crossing my fingers for something good like Psycho-Pass or at least Jormungand. It would be nice to try and watch an entire Toonami line-up of mostly good shows except for one for the first in a long time.

gunswordfist

good, an excuse for me to watch every ultimate episode online. i am not joking.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 24, 2014, 12:45:19 PMInuYasha: The Final Act is FINALLY coming to Toonami starting on November 15th at 2am.

This should've been on five years ago. Oh, well. Better late than never, I suppose.

Also, it's nice to see that Toonami remembered that other companies besides FUNi exist.

gunswordfist

well hasn't funi been generous to them? anyway, i will be tuning in for the final act. hopefully it is better than the other post band of seven episodes i have seen.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 24, 2014, 04:57:18 PMwell hasn't funi been generous to them?

Yes, but FUNi takes up over half the block, almost to the point where they're reliant on them. (It's like Fox on Adult Swim.)

11:30 - Attack on Titan
12:00 - DBZ Kai (replacing Bleach)
1:00 - One Piece
2:00 - Hellsing Ultimate
3:00 - Space Dandy
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop (license now in FUNi's hands)
4:00 - FMA: Brotherhood

It's nice to see some diversity.

gunswordfist

they kind of are. from what i hear, they don't have too much of a choice. the toonami staff wanted other shows in the past but couldn't get them for one reason or another.

LumRanmaYasha

FUNi's offers them the best deals on their stuff and has a much larger backlog of titles than anyone else, so it's only natural that they would end up getting more stuff from them over the others. I personally don't mind because I only care about whether good shows come to the block or not. Now that Bleach is gone, though, I'd expect we'll see a faster rotation of Viz titles into the block, provided they don't pick up Sailor Moon and lock a slot down for four years. Aniplex only has around 5 or so titles left that I could ever see Toonami even consider airing, so I'm sure we'll see most of what they do have to offer on the block at some point or the other as the years go by.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 24, 2014, 04:57:18 PM
anyway, i will be tuning in for the final act. hopefully it is better than the other post band of seven episodes i have seen.

I personally think the series was a lot better after Band of 7, myself, as far as the manga goes. But I can understand people's dislike of those episodes in the anime, since the filler and animation and pacing became pretty ghastly there. At any rate, Final Act is the only part of the IY anime I like, and it covers the best parts of the series by far. I'm glad it's finally airing.

gunswordfist

that's interesting. i have a hard time believing the arc with the flying female demon with the spear or whatever is good in any medium but then again it was probably all filler. i did kind of like the kid demon that joined naraku's gang though. the episodes leading up to iy getting his diamond sword attack were alright.

Rynnec

Really pissed that they won't be finishing Hellsing Ultimate. I've really been enjoying it, and it's easily been the highlight of Toonami for me in the past few weeks.

Don't really care for InuYasha, but it's nice that Final Act has finally made its way on AS.

gunswordfist

it's been the highlight for me as well but the internet will fix that for me.

gunswordfist

the credits from the last two episodes of hellsing ultimate that toonami were incredible. especially the one from two sundays ago. i really loved that one.

LumRanmaYasha

Good news, Rynnec and GSF! Toonami will be airing the last two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate after all! Every week for the month of december, Toonami will be showing two movies, and the first two weeks, those "movies" will be the final two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate. Yay for Hellsing fans!

Here's the planned dates for the movies airing on the block this December:

December 6th – Hellsing Ultimate 9 and Summer Wars

December 13th – Hellsing Ultimate 10 and Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

December 20th – Dragonball Z: Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan and Akira

December 27th – Evangelion 1.11 and Evangelion 2.22

Not...that interested in any of this, since what I do like here has already aired on the block before and I have no interest in staying up just to see them again, but hey, it's not a bad selection by any means, either. I guess a lot of the block is going to be pre-emptied for a while to air all this, though. Like, it averages around 4 hours every week. I have to wonder if they will really pre-empty Kai so soon after they've started airing it, so I'm more expecting all this to start at 1am each week, but I guess we'll have to see about that.

gunswordfist

i could almost kiss you, cx! i am interested in seeing sacred star of milos, i love broly and i might check out summer wars.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I am disappointed in the movie line-up. The only one of those that I haven't seen is the FMA one, which I couldn't care less about. As much as I adore Summer Wars, I was hoping that Wolf Children could get a chance to shine, and this would have been a good time to air One Piece Strong World or Film Z (unless Toonami already aired those, which if they did, I totally didn't even know about it).

So many missed opportunities here, but I guess I can't totally blame them given their limited budget.