Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I thought Eureka 7 was all right. Sucks that they didn't get Steins;Gate, but what can you do?

Rynnec

At the very least, this proves that AS gives a damn about anime again, enough to give a previous failure another chance.

gunswordfist

Eureka 7 bores me to tears just like all bad giant robot anime.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I mentioned one of my favorite moments in any series that I caught on Toonami for the first time in the other thread, being the debut of Future Trunks. Two more favorites are when Hiei debuted the Dragon of the Darkness Flame in the Dark Tournament and when Goku turned to Super Saiyan for the first time against Frieza. Thinking back to all of these moments ow remind me of the awesome memories I had with the block.

Do you have any similar favorite moments like this that you caught on Toonami first?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

When Ryo kicked Talpa's ass in Ronin Warriors. That was the first moment I saw on Toonami.

Rynnec

Gohan defeating Cell was a big one for me, as was Vegeta sacrificing himself to stop Buu.

The Saints Beast arc is also a personal favorite Toonami moment. I'd seen a part of the Yusuke and Suzaku fight on Adult Swim, but Toonami was where I saw the fights in full (sans Hiei vs Seiryu). That arc was what hooked me on YYH.

Starscream's death in Transformers Armada.

Watching Endless Waltz for the first time.

Those are the moments off the top of my head.

Daxdiv

Cell vs Gohan Kamehameha wave! Mostly because that was around the time I watched.

Goku vs Jackie Chun at the 21st Martial Arts Tournament, one of my favorite moments

Kanchome and Folgore legit beating their first Mamodo and human team in Zatch Bell. Showing us that the joke characters can take names and kick ass.

Spark Of Spirit

Actually getting to see past the first arc of Dragon Ball.

As you guys know, up here in Canada we actually got DB first, but it was only the Pilaf saga. Years went by and we never got more, then when DBZ came out most of us were utterly confused.

Getting to see the further adventures of kid Goku in animated form finally after so many years was an awesome treat.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Was your theme for Dragon Ball this one? I actually have FUNi 1995 dub attempt of Dragon Ball on DVD, it's pretty funny to go back and watch this version of the show.

gunswordfist

I got my cable back one time as a teenager and there was this show coming on I've never seen before. I was skeptical as hell and was like, "Meh, I doubt this could get my interest."

The show was Rurouni Kenshin. The episode is was my absolute favorite (I was about to say still is, but I remembered the Saito/Kenshin episode and backspaced). It was the one with the last Jinei vs Kenshin fight. I believe I just saw about half of the episode but anyway, I was introduced to Sano and Yahiko, got a good rundown on Kenshin's Battousai past and saw him be a total badass in one of the better fights in the show. I was a fan after that.
Quote from: Rynnec on August 29, 2012, 08:07:32 PM
Gohan defeating Cell was a big one for me, as was Vegeta sacrificing himself to stop Buu.

The Saints Beast arc is also a personal favorite Toonami moment. I'd seen a part of the Yusuke and Suzaku fight on Adult Swim, but Toonami was where I saw the fights in full (sans Hiei vs Seiryu). That arc was what hooked me on YYH.

Starscream's death in Transformers Armada.

Watching Endless Waltz for the first time.

Those are the moments off the top of my head.

I was actually thinking about Maze's Castle when I was thinking of something to write. Once I think about it, the first time I saw Kuwabara's fight with that tiger guy was with my brothers. Good times.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 29, 2012, 09:03:13 PM
Was your theme for Dragon Ball this one? I actually have FUNi 1995 dub attempt of Dragon Ball on DVD, it's pretty funny to go back and watch this version of the show.
That and Rock The Dragon were awesome and surprisingly suiting for the shows.

But yeah, I still remember the whole "Goku!" part, that used to pump me up as a little one.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 29, 2012, 08:49:39 PM
Cell vs Gohan Kamehameha wave! Mostly because that was around the time I watched.

Goku vs Jackie Chun at the 21st Martial Arts Tournament, one of my favorite moments

Kanchome and Folgore legit beating their first Mamodo and human team in Zatch Bell. Showing us that the joke characters can take names and kick ass.
That reminds me, I love Piccolo vs (what was Kami's human name...Hero?! I forget) Hearing them speak Namekian (something I've only seen in a flashback in DBZ as a kid) and the way they fought was incredible. The favorite out of any DB fight I've seen (I've barely seen any)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on August 29, 2012, 07:49:03 PM
I mentioned one of my favorite moments in any series that I caught on Toonami for the first time in the other thread, being the debut of Future Trunks. Two more favorites are when Hiei debuted the Dragon of the Darkness Flame in the Dark Tournament and when Goku turned to Super Saiyan for the first time against Frieza. Thinking back to all of these moments ow remind me of the awesome memories I had with the block.

Speaking of Hiei, one of my favorite moments of his on Toonami was when he displayed his super-speed by cutting off Makintaro's arm without him even realizing it until she pulled it out from behind his back. Sure, the blood was cut out, but I still remembered how shocked I was that they didn't censor the scene of Hiei just throwing the dismembered arm on the ground. Back in the day, that was the goriest that kids television could get, and it was also the most bad-ass thing that I had scene on TV at that time

Other great moments were the fight between Kenshin and Saito in Rurouni Kenshin (though that's just a great moment in general), and the entire climax of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, which I of course only saw for the first time on Toonami.

Also, of course I completely agree with Avaitor about Future Trunks's character introduction in DBZ. Once again, it shocked me that they actually didn't censor Frieza being cut in half, though I do believe they cut out the part where Trunks minced the rest of him into tiny little chunks of meat and then fried them with a Ki blast, but they kind of had to cut that part out. :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot this:

The entire Bardock special. Thank you Toonami for airing this and hyping it up so much so that I just had to make sure that I saw it. As a kid, this was one of the most epic things ever.

Believe it or not, I didn't get to see the Trunks special on Toonami, which is why I can't really include that as one of my favorite Toonami moments. I DID however get to be lucky enough to watch the uncut DVD version with one of my friends who owned it, so that's how I experienced that special. :thumbup: