Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 23, 2012, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: Eddy on April 23, 2012, 10:34:07 PM
You know what? Sometimes Jim Sterling can be awesome.

Careful what you say. Potraying Jim Sterling in any positive light will enrage Desensitized. :sly:
I think Foggle hates him more, but I find the guy a total waste of space.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 03:03:57 PM
I think Foggle hates him more, but I find the guy a total waste of space.
Yeah, he's the reason why I stopped visiting Destructoid. Their other writers are great... mostly... but Sterling really gets on my nerves, even if we share the same opinions on quite a few controversial things.

Eddy

This is a minor nitpick but the boxart for Arkham City's upcoming Game of the Year Edition is a clusterfuck.

Seriously. LOOK at this mess. They tuck the game's freaking title over to the side to make room for all the obnoxious text.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

You gotta love how the biggest and most noticeable piece of text on that cover is the "10/10" right in your face. It sums up the current sales model perfectly. If you're not getting perfect scores from the video game journalists, you're not worth buying. Top it off with the bonus DLC not being properly implemented into the rerelease, and its perfect.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its sad, but that's how video game marketing works these days. The thing is, I'd like to assume that most people would already be aware of what a critically acclaimed game Arkham City was. Would they really need to go all out to highlight that for maybe like the....2 people who might not have even hear of the game?

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Good lord. That might actually be the ugliest video game box I've ever seen. On a similar note, I miss the days of those humongous squares they used to put PC games in and the solid rectangles that housed console game cartridges. :(

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 25, 2012, 10:15:20 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-gen-that-blocks-used-would-be-awesome-says-crysis-dev-6373355
Epic said the same thing before the current gen started. Fucking corporate greed.

QuoteNot all voices are against used games. Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch said in February that blocking used games is unfair. Also during that month, Witcher developer CD Projekt Red's managing director Adam Badowski took a populist gamer stance, saying systems that block used game "can be a bad thing."
CD Projekt being awesome as usual.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Eddy on April 25, 2012, 02:23:09 AM
This is a minor nitpick but the boxart for Arkham City's upcoming Game of the Year Edition is a clusterfuck.
Seriously. LOOK at this mess. They tuck the game's freaking title over to the side to make room for all the obnoxious text.

Does it blow a load in your face when you open it? XD

Spark Of Spirit

I hate when they just include download vouchers instead of putting the content on the disc. So lazy.

Here's hoping the Wii-U version has everything on disc as well as a cover devoid of numbers and instructions.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

This guy's arguments are fucking hilarious.

QuoteI honestly believe that Xenoblade Chronicles could have been this generation's Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the absolute worst looking games on the PS1. The art style is bland and, from a technical standpoint, the graphics barely surpass those of Doom. XC can't be this generation's FF7 because it isn't beautiful? LOL

QuoteI'm tired of seeing Link fighting through the Temple of Brown Textures and Jagged Edges

ROFL. Not only has this guy never played a Zelda game post-N64, he forgets that almost all of the high quality 360 and PS3 graphics actually are brown and gray! And jagged edges? Has he ever played a 360 or PS3 game? Those have tons of jagged edges, too! Bitch should buy a PC if he must have anti-aliasing. But then he'd probably complain that F.E.A.R. on minimum settings running on his Pentium 2 with integrated GPU doesn't look like The Witcher 2.

QuoteIn today's world, technology has evolved to the point where it's not acceptable anymore to give us dross when we know there exists the capability for diamonds.

Because all those indie games with 2D cartoon graphics don't sell at all, right?

QuoteIt's not acceptable to shackle an obviously talented team like Monolith Soft to the ball and chain of the Wii because you want to sell waggle.

Because obviously Nintendo forced Monolith Soft to develop their game for the Wii instead of the other consoles.

talonmalon333

I didn't read that link. Is my life better off that way?

Spark Of Spirit

It is one of the worst manchild tantrums from a professional magazine in years.

His argument boils down to Nintendo shouldn't make good games for the system because I'm an adult.

Foggle

See, that quote from the Beamdog guy about the Wii being a "toy" was dumb, but I felt like he was somewhat justified since his company had been burned. This one actually is a manchild rant.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2012, 06:29:06 PM
His argument boils down to Nintendo shouldn't make good games for the system because I'm an adult.
No, it boils down to "I don't understand how graphics and hardware work."