Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I didn't realize how close we were to the release of Borderlands 2. I am fucking pumped! :light:

Daxdiv

I assume it's safe to talk about the WiiU here, so today when I went into GameStop and the employee asked me if I wanted to pre-order anything, I said I was good until the end of the year, since I got the basics covered. Then he brought up the WiiU. I said I was waiting for the OK to pre-order it since I highly doubt that I could get a pre-order for it today. He told me that more news will be released on September 13, since that's when Nintendo is hosting some WiiU preview party in New York City at 10 AM our time, and he told me that most of, if not all managers at GameStop should be working that day so the green light for pre-ordering the WiiU should flash up since that is when Nintendo should be official with the release date and pricing of the WiiU. If not, then probably the day after.

Though I do wonder if they'll announce the 3 different models they have since rumor has it that the WiiU has 3 different SKUs, with 1 going for $250, 2nd for $300 and the 3rd for $350. I wonder what the difference in them will be.

Spark Of Spirit

I plan on calling my EB-Gamestop tomorrow and asking after the conference.

The rumor is there will be 3 bundles. One at $249, one at $299, and one at $349.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

QuoteNintendo set December 8 as the release date for Wii U in Japan.

Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U were announced as launch titles.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata gave us an update on Wii U specs. The system has 2GB of memory, 1GB for system memory plus 1GB for games.

Wii U uses its own optical disc format with up to 25GB of data and the system has a 22.5 MB/sec disc read rate.

Nintendo announced two Wii U packages in Japan. Both of them come with a Wii U, Wii U GamePad, Wii U AC adapter, Wii U GamePad AC adapter, and a HDMI cable.

The basic console is white and has 8GB of internal flash memory. The black premium set console has 32GB of memory.

The Wii U premium set also includes a console stand, Wii U GamePad stand set (charging + play), and Nintendo Network premium membership until December 2014. This gives you a 10% discount on digital download software plus 500 Nintendo points to start off.

Neither console includes remotes, Wii Remote Plus, a sensor bar or a nunchuck. You can use the same accessories from your Wii or purchase a bundle pack with these items from Nintendo.

Wii U premium set is 31,500 yen (tax included) or US$405 and the basic set is 26,250 yen or US$337. Want another Wii U GamePad? Those are sold separately for 13,440 yen ($172). Please note these are not the final prices for North America, Nintendo will likely release the Wii U at different price points for Europe and North America.

Sources:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-comes-out-in-japan-on-december-8/
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-priced-8gb-basic-and-32gb-premium-versions-announced/
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/wii-u-has-2gb-of-main-memory-discs-are-25gb/

Foggle

All of that sounds fine except for the price of another controller. $172? Jesus.

Spark Of Spirit

Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo EXCLUSIVE TO WII-U.

There's your incentive, guys.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

November 18th, $299 bundle and $349 bundle. Deluxe includes NintendoLand.

P-100 is now called Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming to 3DS and Wii-U and there's cross-play
Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo

Activision is showing off stuff right now...

Foggle

Looks like Nintendo might be buying Platinum or something. I'm okay with this.

Spark Of Spirit

007 Legends (GoldenEye sequel) is coming to Wii-U
Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 to is also on the Wii-U (they're actually playing it on the pad while the second player is on the TV right now)

Spark Of Spirit

Black Ops 2 also has Wiimote and nunchuck, Gamepad, Classic controller, and pro controller controls.

I REALLY hope that sets the standard.

Foggle

I'd be more excited if it wasn't, y'know, Black Ops 2. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

And in a roll they revealed Epic Mickey 2 will be on Wii-U.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 13, 2012, 10:00:54 AM
I wonder if anyone is surprised. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 13, 2012, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 13, 2012, 10:00:54 AM
I wonder if anyone is surprised. :lol:
That was a terribly kept secret, honestly.

Oh, I posted the info in the Next gen thread for easy reading.

Peanutbutter

So, I recently learned the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is a thing that exists. Looks pretty cool from what I've seen, can't wait to play it next week. We still way more mystery console games.