Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

For those of us that pine for whatever the future brings.  :thumbup:

edit: fixed the title, finally.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Has that Necromachina game been released yet? If not, that's probably somwhere near the top of my list. It looked kick-ass from what I last saw of it.

I'm also eagerly anticipating just to learn more about Devil's Third, and even though I won't be getting it on release, I'm generally looking foward to Bullet Storm.

I wish I could say that Ninja Gaiden 3 is my most anticipated game, but with Hayashi working on it, and knowing his tendencies, it may end up being my most dreaded game of anticipation. Currently, I'd just be happy if it doesn't end up killing the series as I know and love it, personally.

SSJ Jake

Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat oh and Mortal Kombat.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Spark Of Spirit

Nope, it's not out yet. But I'm dying to hear more about it. Four player Strider seems like a great idea to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Angus

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 01, 2011, 01:23:14 PM

This is it's year! 2011! ;D

Ooooh.  :swoon:

Although hmm, Wii Motion Plus? Is that necessary or just enhancement?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

Quote from: Angus on January 06, 2011, 07:09:54 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 01, 2011, 01:23:14 PM

This is it's year! 2011! ;D

Ooooh.  :swoon:

Although hmm, Wii Motion Plus? Is that necessary or just enhancement?

It's necessary and will be a big part of the game. In fact, with it you're in absolute, 100% control of the sword.

Foggle

Looks like I won't be picking up the new Zelda for full price, then, unless it comes bundled with Wii Motion Plus.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on January 07, 2011, 09:08:45 AM
Looks like I won't be picking up the new Zelda for full price, then, unless it comes bundled with Wii Motion Plus.

Can't you get Motion Plus first?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I fully expect Skyward Sword to have a MotionPlus bundle with it, or most likely that new Wii Remote that has MotionPlus integrated into it.

As for me, I'm going to be very handheld focused this year. Aside from the 3DS that is quickly becoming my most anticipated item, I'm going to get some heavy playtime on my PSP with Valkyria Chronicles 3, The 3rd Birthday, and I'm going finally delve into Persona with the port of the 2nd game. I'm also going to enjoy my DS Lite for possibly the final time with Pokemon Black and White, which should give it a longer life span if the 3DS doesn't support original DS Wi-Fi. also hoping that Fire Emblem makes it over here, looks much better than the last trainwreck.

Lots of fighting games as well. Going to get that Mortal Kombat reboot because it looks fun as shit and worthy of competitive play. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is inevitable, but I might hold off until they announce some of my more wanted characters. If Street Fighter x Tekken makes it out this year, I shall finally live my dream of making Team Ojou-sama (Karin and Lili).

Spark Of Spirit

I really am the only one here who got Red Steel 2, aren't I? Drag.

You haven't played Persona 3 Portable, Bison? I thought you might like the game, but I can fully understand waiting for 2 instead. They are pretty different style games.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I have never played a Persona game actually, but I've heard a lot of great things about the 2nd game and it seems to be highly anticipated by the fans.

If I like it, I'll go back and find the other PSP ports and that PS2 entry.

Foggle

I was going to get Red Steel 2, but the first one was so shitty that I decided against it. It's still on my list of games I need to play, though.

Persona 2 is by far the best one. It's also the only one that outwardly appeals to people who are neither hardcore dungeon crawler fans nor anime fans.

Foggle

Deus Ex 3 is 25-40 hours long and comes out in April. Still super pumped.