Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, I've never actually played it outside of a few minutes of a demo they had at a Best Buy. I didn't own a GC so I always just borrowed the one that my cousin had, and only played games that he bought (which is how I was able to play The Wind Waker and Melee). He avoided buying Sunshine because of the mixed reception to it.

Spark Of Spirit

Update on Devil's Third

Seems Itagaki has been working really hard on this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I saw that back in the same article where Itagaki said that DOA5 sucks. :sly:

If nothing else, I fully trust in Itagaki's ability to make a game that plays and controls well. Whether you like DOA games or not, you can't deny the fluidity of the action and the responsiveness of the controls. With Ninja Gaiden, it has some of the most intuitive combat mechanics in gaming to this very day (or at least the first 2 games do). As for the PS2 quality graphics, I actually don't care that much about it because graphics alone mean that little to me. My problem is that the combat in the E3 showing still looked a bit too clunky, but to be fair the game is still a long way from being done. Other than that, it felt like there were some bugs that needed to be worked out, and more importantly, I wasn't a fan of how the aiming automatically switched from third person to first person view. Since Itagaki is insisting that the mechanic is intentional and works better than it looks, I suppose I'll reserve my judgement until I actually try the game. To be fair, Gears of War 3 had a similar mechanic with one particular gun, and it worked pretty well in that game, so I can imagine it working in this game. Still, I'd prefer the entire game to be in third person since it would just allow the action to flow a lot better. At any rate, I saw some info indicating that the game won't be releasing until December of next year, which means that it's a full year off, giving Valhalla plenty of development time left to work out the kinks. Unfortunately, this game just isn't going to be the hit that Itagaki and team want, which I can tell by just looking at the game now. That said, if they really put their heart into it and craft a really entertaining action game (which many people from this team have certainly done before), then it'll at least get a deservedly strong cult following, if nothing else.

Spark Of Spirit

Remember Mario Maker? New info was just unveiled for it:

- Super Mario Bros. 3 and World visual styles included
- add coins to bullet blocks
- giant sprites for enemies
- reconfirmed for 2015
- Miyamoto says Mario Maker could become a series of its own

Video here

Oh yeah, and Codename Steam will have local and online multiplayer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

That retro PS4 is damn sexy. But if they're really only making 12,000 of the things, I'm noit getting y hopes up. And that was enough to make me finally want to hop on the train too.

Foggle

Yakuza 5 is getting an English release!!!! Digital download only but I don't even care at this point! Yakuza 5 in English!!!!!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Next summer. No actual release date yet.

talonmalon333

So I'm thinking I'll try to get a Wii U by late 2015. By then, it will have Star Fox and Zelda, which I will get alongside Super Mario 3D World and DK: Tropical Freeze. Currently, I don't have the money to get it, nor does it have enough games to justify the purchase, unless I'm forgetting some. What good exclusives does it have other than those games I mentioned?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 18, 2014, 09:32:45 PM
So I'm thinking I'll try to get a Wii U by late 2015. By then, it will have Star Fox and Zelda, which I will get alongside Super Mario 3D World and DK: Tropical Freeze. Currently, I don't have the money to get it, nor does it have enough games to justify the purchase, unless I'm forgetting some. What good exclusives does it have other than those games I mentioned?
If you have no other HD systems or play much on PC, there are quite a few.

Here are some:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Bayonetta 2 (Includes Bayonetta)
Hyrule Warriors (If you like Dynasty Warriors games)
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
LEGO City: Undercover
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World (Not amazing, but fun)
Shovel Knight
DuckTales: Remastered
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
NES Remix
NES Remix 2
Child of Light
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition
Mighty Switch Force 2
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Costume Quest 2
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Nano Assault Neo
Trine 2: Director's Cut

There's also some good exclusive VC games not on the Wii or 3DS like Earthbound, Mega Man Zero, and Demon's Crest. That list is assuming you don't play much on PC or other systems, as well.

The system has kept me busy enough.

Kiddington

Am I literally the only person excited for Mario Maker?

It looks sweet as hell.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on December 22, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
Am I literally the only person excited for Mario Maker?

It looks sweet as hell.
I'm more excited to play other people's levels, honestly. I'm not good at designing levels.

talonmalon333

So, is the Wii U Virtual Console going to get GameCube and DS games, as well as the DKC games?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 23, 2014, 06:14:28 PM
So, is the Wii U Virtual Console going to get GameCube and DS games, as well as the DKC games?
DS and the DKC games are yes.

Gamecube hasn't been confirmed yet.

talonmalon333

I'm not sure why they haven't announced GameCube games yet. The system is, like, over two years old now. That's like 1/3 of the Wii's entire lifespan. Assuming they're even going to, they should pick up the pace.