Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Fire Emblem 3DS was announced too.

2 player co-op? Intelligence System, you are forgiven for those last 2 abominations you made for the DS.

Daxdiv

Fuck Yeah! New Fire Emblem and Mario Tennis for the 3DS. I'll take it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2011, 04:01:16 PM
While I wouldn't be surprised by an RE6 announcement being that its Capcom's main money-making franchise, I wouldn't count on it being everything that fans have been wanting from a main-series RE game for ages, given Capcom's current track-record of pissing people off with their poor decision-making when it comes to game development decisions (and that's been going on for a few years, now).
That and I'm boycotting Capcom's games.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on September 12, 2011, 05:14:48 PM
The actual dialogue was far better in Max Payne 2, IMO. The stories themselves were pretty equal in terms of how much I liked them, but the writing really elevated it for me.

The shooting and bullet-time mechanics were much tighter in the original game. The controls felt kind of loose in MP 2, which made it slightly less fun and not as exciting to play, IMO.
I never played MP2 on PC. If you're saying that MP1 on consoles' controls is better than I have this bridge to sell you. :sly: And yeah, Max Payne 2's dialogue has much better which made Vinnie and Vlad so great. The story fucked that up though.

EDIT: So you did mean the PC controls. Good because you'd have to be a big dummy to think MP1's console controls are better than 2's.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2011, 05:22:39 PM
I'm not sure how the PC controls of MP2 stack up to the first game, but the console controls for MP2 are easily better than the console controls for MP1 (and its pretty damn fine controls for any console game or any game in general), so I judge it by that criteria.
Yeah, I honestly can't think of how they could have mapped the buttons even better. Plus I love how changing your guns is handled in both games. All non two weapon limit console shooters need to do it like that. There's no better way.

Spark Of Spirit

Speaking of 3DS

Really anticipating that Renegade remake. More games like River City Ransom need to be made.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

gunswordfist

Yeah, I watched it about 20 minutes ago. I wish they showed more gameplay, if they even showed any, but who am I kidding?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Story-wise it looks OK (though I admit I really miss the dark city noir setting), but I want to see some gameplay in action. I'll be reserving my judgement of this game until then.

talonmalon333

You guys know the Tokyo Game Show tomorrow?

When is it? And is there anyway we can keep up with it?

Spark Of Spirit

You can keep up on NeoGaf, if you're so inclined.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So....Tomonobu Itagaki is a playable character in Saints Row: The Third....OK, That settles it, I'm buying this game for sure, now. :thumbup:

::EDIT::

So, unfortunately, we won't be seeing any new footage or learn any new info on Devil's Third, since according to Kotaku VGS had to pull their preview of the game from the the show at the last minute for some unknown reason that hasn't yet been disclosed from what I can tell. That's rather disappointing given how long people have been waiting for Itagaki to show off some new and actual gameplay footage of DT. Oh well, at least I can probably still get to see what Platinum Games is up to with their current and future game projects.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

:D @ him giving a twin his cigarette. He really loves that trailer.