Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

They turned Steel Diver from a boring sidescroller to an interesting looking FPS style game. 4 on 4 multiplayer and everything.

It's apparently out now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

The Koopalings are in Mario Kart 8. Took long enough for them to add new characters people wanted!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Keiji Inafune is making a successor to Megaman Zero/ZX. Check it out.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on March 07, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
Keiji Inafune is making a successor to Megaman Zero/ZX. Check it out.
Inti-Creates is the team that made the first three Mega Man X games. While I'm not keen on their attempts at Metroidvanias, their stage-based action platformers are all incredible aside from Mega Man 10 which is still a bit weak to me.

If they're making a sidescrolling action game, I don't even need to see the trailer.

Edit: Tons of details-

- Keiji Inafune is the Executive Producer
- Yoshihisa Tsuda (Mega Man X2, Mega Man 7, 9, 10, and more) is the Game Director
- Yoshitaka Hatakeyama (Mega Man 9) is on art
- Takuya Aizu (several Mega Man games, as well as Mighty No. 9) acts as Producer
- Ippo Yamada is over music and sound effect
- a new psychic power has emerged, and a group called the Sumeragi are out to make sense of these powers
- Sumeragi ends up supervising those that possess these powers
- Sumeragi is actually running a concentration camp, and are holding experiments on those held captive in it
- a group called Feather has risen up against them, lead by Gunvol
- Gunvolt is a 14-year-old boy that can control lightning
- this power works as a secondary weapon and a power-up
- use this to wear down the enemy slowly, or tag up to three enemies to focus his primary gunfire from his Conductor Gun
- this acts as a sweep to set up to three auto targeting points
- for quick kills, a single enemy can be tagged three times with lightning to turn up the damage
- this charge can also disarm enemies, release traps, unlock doors, and much more
- when not in use as a lock-on trigger, the stored charge can be used as a shield against enemy attacks
- the lightning power has a gauge that depletes during use, and will recharge when dorman
- you can also use the lightning power to levitate
- involves dashing and wall jumping as well
- demo features a forest stage where you use lightning charges to force tree branch obstacles out of the way
- swarms of insects will create a cloud that wipes across the screen
- end of this stage features a multi-tiered flower boss battle where you have to dodge slow floating pollen orbs while wall jumping
- you have to hit the flower a certain amount of times to have it open up
- this is how you really do damage to the flower
- currently 3 stages are complete
- working hard to get the game out quickly in Japan and North America

I did not know Tsuda was the Mega Man 7 director. That game is mega-underrated. This should be interesting, especially if they're working to get it out here soon.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Foggle

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 25, 2014, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 25, 2014, 04:24:09 PM
Looks like 2D Ratchet to me. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfISI9biqvw
Dat music. Dat gameplay. Dat humor. MY HYPE
Sounds like that song that played in The Transporter. :D I can't wait until this finally comes out.

Foggle

Oh shit, I just noticed it's by Konjak. I love all the games I've played by him! :joy:

gunswordfist

As do I! He's probably my favorite indie game developer. Spark posting that video for Legend Of Princess started my love of konjak's work and that's what really got me into indie games.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Spoiler
[close]

King Hippo

Just pre-ordered Drakengard 3.

I'm starting to wrap up my collection of PS3 games. There are no more new releases that I have any interest in, and I'm starting to turn my attention to older ones I never had a chance to get.

Foggle