Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So they accidentally aired episode 7 of Dr. Stone last night instead of 6. To make up for it, they're going to air 6 next week and reair 7 the week after.

I think it would have been a better call to air 6 and 7 together and drop one of the repeats, but they probably like having another week to stall whatever their next show is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, it's probably human error and it's not like it matters in the long run, but there's still a part of my brain going "Well maybe this wouldn't have happened if DeMarco stopped wasting his time posting pompous shit or retweeting someone with braindead takes on Twitter instead of delegating it all to Master Control". My sympathy's just not there anymore.

Dr. Insomniac

We've got trailers.

Daikun

What's the third trailer? I'm on vacation right now in Canada, so it's geoblocked for me.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Daikun

So, I guess the new seasons of FLCL are three episodes each instead of the usual six.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 21, 2023, 10:13:51 PM...ugh.

That's a misleading clickbait title. What Jason says even contradicts it.

QuoteBut while he's confident the IP will endure, he doesn't think Adult Swim will keep cranking FLCL entries out forever after Grunge and Shoegaze roll out.

Daxdiv

Did people like the CGI FLCL show? I haven't seen people talk about it a positive light, if at all.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on September 22, 2023, 02:28:18 PMDid people like the CGI FLCL show? I haven't seen people talk about it a positive light, if at all.

I personally think it's alright. It's way better than the previous two seasons, which were boring as hell. This one at least tries to make up for the mistakes of Progressive/Alternative by having more energetic, dynamic animation like the original series rather than looking dime-a-dozen like the previous reboot.

It sucks that it's only 3 episodes though rather than six. It certainly seems like it could use more fleshing out rather than wrapping everything up so quickly.

Daikun

Avaitor

This has been a weak year for Toonami. No real new shows, just new seasons of previous series (including the FLCL shows here), and the block seems to be running on autopilot harder than ever. It's pretty lame.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the lack of anything big combined with DeMarco being such a douche on Twitter (I saw him shitting on Matthew Vaughn today, and dude, you're a TV producer on social media. No wonder you lose shows like Demon Slayer if you're burning bridges like this), I'm just apathetic to Toonami in its current state.