Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

At least Pan didn't become a Super Saiyan, unlike how Goten and Trunks becoming one. She didn't become one during the end of DBZ during the Martial Arts Tournament and sure as hell didn't become one during the entirety of GT.

However, as a kid I always justified Goten getting SS early was due to how I always thought that Goku had sex with Chi-Chi while he was still in Super Saiyan Mode. I always assumed that Goten was conceived somewhere during the 10 day waiting period Cell had for his Cell Games. Yeah I just assumed he was able to do it easily due to Goku having the genes in him at the time to go SS.

Kiddington

Eh, but still... Trunks and Goten should never have been able to achieve Super Saiyan level at their age.

It's at that point when what was supposed to be a legendary transformation was simply reduced to nothing more than a power-up. And that's... kinda sad.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 29, 2012, 09:41:47 PM
At least Pan didn't become a Super Saiyan, unlike how Goten and Trunks becoming one. She didn't become one during the end of DBZ during the Martial Arts Tournament and sure as hell didn't become one during the entirety of GT.

Well, in the manga Pan was only introduced at the very end in the epilogue, and she was extremely young and clearly had very little training at that point (even far less than Goten and Trunks had), so of course she wouldn't be a Super Saiyan by that point in time. She didn't become one in GT, either, but GT is non-canon, anyways. I remember reading somewhere that Toriyama had said in an interview that he didn't even know what a female Super Saiyan would look like, hence why he could never picture Pan becoming Super Saiyan had the series continued past that point in time.

Spark Of Spirit

It would be sorta like in YYH if everyone started throwing around the Ensatsu-ken. It would kind of weaken the move.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT IS THAT RADITZ NEVER BECAME A SUPER SAIYAN  :light:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

BTW, With all of this DBZ talk, I just remembered that there's a theatrical anime movie that's supposed to be coming out which apparently covers a point in time from the 10-year gap between the Buu arc of DBZ and the epilogue ending.

Its not just another special and its apparently being advertised and billed as a big deal to DBZ fans in Japan. I'm honestly not expecting much from this, but I'm still just curious enough to keep updated onto what the plot of this movie will be.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Kiddington on August 29, 2012, 09:49:23 PM
And we never saw Nappa turn into a Super Saiyan 3.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 29, 2012, 09:48:18 PM
It would be sorta like in YYH if everyone started throwing around the Ensatsu-ken. It would kind of weaken the move.

I love that the Jao Ensatsu-ken was only ever used one time in the entire series. Its a bad-ass move. I find it hilarious that the only reason that Hiei never used it before or again was because he despised how it somewhat resembled Kuwabara's Spirit Sword, as though he were insulted to use an attack that resembled anything that Kuwabara used. :sly:

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 29, 2012, 09:50:47 PM

I'm sure one of the latest video games does it. Along with the 300 other what-is characters.  :blush:

Rynnec

The mustache would be glorious.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Nel on August 29, 2012, 09:52:37 PM

I'm sure one of the latest video games does it. Along with the 300 other what-is characters.  :blush:
They don't. They only show SSJ3 Vegeta, Trunks, and Broly.

Kiddington

Awwwww yeeeeeaaaaah

Come to think of it, I still can't believe this isn't an option in the games yet. I mean, IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE A REASON FOR ME TO BUY ONE AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 29, 2012, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 29, 2012, 09:48:18 PM

I love that the Jao Ensatsu-ken was only ever used one time in the entire series. Its a bad-ass move. I find it hilarious that the only reason that Hiei never used it before or again was because he despised how it somewhat resembled Kuwabara's Spirit Sword, as though he were insulted to use an attack that resembled anything that Kuwabara used. :sly:
"WAIT A MINUTE THAT'S JUST A CHEAP RIP OFF OF MY SPIRIT SWORD."

That gets me every time.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Shows how much I know. lol I always just assumed the games kept upping their roster with a bunch of bullshit characters.

Rynnec

Quote from: Kiddington on August 29, 2012, 09:55:02 PM

Awwwww yeeeeeaaaaah

Come to think of it, I still can't believe this isn't an option in the games yet. I mean, IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE A REASON FOR ME TO BUY ONE AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT.

Well, they kinda sorta acknowledged the idea in one of BT3's menu's.