Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I'm not even much of a Spongebob fan and I thought the movie was pretty good. I'd like to own it on DVD eventually.

The Shadow Gentleman

Ugly Americans is on par with most episodes of South Park.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Graywulf on March 11, 2013, 04:23:33 PM
Ugly Americans is on par with most episodes of South Park.

Although I think South Park at it's best completley outclasses an average Ugly Americans, I love the show and do think it's episodes were stronger than most of the South Park episodes it premiered besides. Has it been canceled? Because if so it's a crying shame.

While we're on the subject of Comedy Central shows, I have an unpopular opinion of my very own: I love Drawn Together.

:anger:

Avaitor

Drawn Together is the best cartoon Comedy Central ever made that wasn't South Park or Dr. Katz.

What does that tell you about their history with animation?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It doesn't say much about their live action output either.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I liked Michael & Michael Have Issues. It's weird to see Jesse Eisenberg in that before he became Zuckerberg in The Social Network.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 12, 2013, 11:51:03 PM
Drawn Together is the best cartoon Comedy Central ever made that wasn't South Park or Dr. Katz.

What does that tell you about their history with animation?

It's poor, but at least the few cartoons they have made are better overall than their live action output, sans The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Silverstar

Eh, I like Key and Peele, and I was a huge fan of Upright Citizens' Brigade. I own the DVDs of seasons 1 and 2, but volume 3 never got released due to low sales.  :imnothappy:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

GregX

I love "Daria" but I cannot stand "Beavis and Butt-head"

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: GregX on March 13, 2013, 12:33:44 PM
I love "Daria" but I cannot stand "Beavis and Butt-head"

From what I've heard, I don't think that's too unpopular of an opinion. Although I personally dont hate "Beavis and Butt-Head" myself.

LumRanmaYasha

I cant believe I'm saying this, but Ben 10: Omniverse is a good show. Not just a watchable show. Not just a show with occasionally good episodes. But an actually funny, well-made, fun to watch show.

:wth:

Nel_Annette

The only Ben 10 I ever watched was the one where they where they were kids. First series, I think. They lost me when they moved on to being teens. Just wasn't fun to me anymore.

I'm watching the second James Bond parody American Dad episode on Adult Swim right now, and I'm not understanding how people on TZ are praising this. That Tearjerker episode is one of the best in the series, but this crap doesn't even hold a candle to it.

Avaitor

I tried to get into the first Ben 10 show where they became teenagers, but the kids just lost any bit of personality they had when they grew up. Ben and Gwen were annoying as kids, sure, but at least they elicited some kind of emotion from me in the first show.

The newer stuff just bores me.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Are the writers still unintentionally making Ben and Gwen come across as lovers instead of cousins? If not, then whatever.

Silverstar

I could never get into Ben 10 (it's one of those shows that's too obviously and consciously geared toward preteen boys and is way too obviously and shamelessly toyetic for me to get into on any kind artistic level) but the concept was at least kind of interesting when Ben and Gwen were kids. Once they became teenagers, the franchise lost what little appeal it held for me. It became just another "teens save the world while juggling the trails of adolescence" show, and that's a genre I just don't dig. I kind of liked Gwen and her magic powers/heritage mythos, but that's about it.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.