Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2013, 01:32:37 PM
Yeah, we don't want to feed you anymore. Your lack of focus has made it not worth it.
You said one reason you didn't like the show is because bad dialogue and cited Doc Ock as an example. I asked you which lines you where referring to, and you said "watch his first episode and take your pick". I was simply asking questions about a point you made. But whatever.  :bleh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 13, 2013, 01:39:53 PM
Yeah, we don't want to feed you anymore. Your lack of focus has made it not worth it.
You said one reason you didn't like the show is because bad dialogue and cited Doc Ock as an example. I asked you which lines you where referring to, and you said "watch his first episode and take your pick". I was simply asking questions about a point you made. But whatever.  :bleh:
Yes, an example, not the only reason.Thanks for reprocessing my point. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2013, 01:43:12 PM
Since we've discussed one reason, what are the others? 

gunswordfist

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 13, 2013, 01:45:00 PM
The characters and art direction also sucks

gunswordfist

Batman Beyond is the best Spider-Man animated series.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2013, 01:50:46 PM
Ok, that's something I can understand. I'm not really found of the art style myself, but it did grow on me a bit. But the writing is the most important element, and that was top notch.

gunswordfist

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on June 13, 2013, 01:53:59 PM
Ok, that's something I can understand. I'm not really found of the art style myself, but it did grow on me a bit. But the writing is the most important element, and that was top notch.
It is. Even though I'll never give Transformers Animated a chance because it's art direction hurts my eyes. So...bad...

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 13, 2013, 01:56:43 PM
It is. Even though I'll never give Transformers Animated a chance because it's art direction hurts my eyes. So...bad...
I was a fan of TA's writing, but the art style was not easy on the eyes, I'll grant you.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on June 13, 2013, 02:24:58 PM
I was a fan of TA's writing, but the art style was not easy on the eyes, I'll grant you.
Though Transformers and good art design are seldom a common mix.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 13, 2013, 02:31:27 PM

gunswordfist

Yeah, I heard you speak highly of the show which is why I mentioned it. I just cannot get into a show where the characters look like...that

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on June 13, 2013, 03:07:25 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 13, 2013, 02:31:27 PM

Now that has to be a smiley.

Silverstar

I still like The Looney Tunes Show, but I have to admit it's a hard show to sit through now that Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs are currently airing on The Hub. I watch TLTS now and I can't help but wonder what this show could have been if Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone hadn't been afraid to copy the shorts style.

I'm just going to say it: I'm glad this is the last season of Futurama. If this current season is any indication, then the idea well is clearly running dry. This season had produced some decent gags here and there, but the episodes have been the weakest of any season that I can recall.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Silverstar on July 25, 2013, 07:09:48 AM
I'm just going to say it: I'm glad this is the last season of Futurama. If this current season is any indication, then the idea well is clearly running dry. This season had produced some decent gags here and there, but the episodes have been the weakest of any season that I can recall.

I completely agree with you. I don't think I've liked anything from this season of Futurama at all. Nothing's as bad as that Christmas one from a few years back, but good lord it's like they saved all the weakest stuff for this season.

Kiddington

You know, there are people that actually want Futurama revived on another network now.

Actually, has that ever happened before? Show cancelled once, revived on new network, show gets cancelled again, only to be revived again on a third network?