Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I think Courage might be the best of the Cartoon Cartoons. Powerpuff Girls was pretty good but vastly overrated in my opinion. Honestly, I can't stomach Mojo any more just from how much they used him in every other episode (at least).

Also, Doug was good... Nothing more than that, really. It was just good.

gunswordfist

I'm glad Courage gets so much love around here. But then again, I don't know how well liked it is outside of this site. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

PPG's overuse of Mojo was nothing compared to Kim Possible's overuse of Drakken and Shego.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2014, 01:26:52 PM
I'm glad Courage gets so much love around here. But then again, I don't know how well liked it is outside of this site. :D

Considering the fact CN still periodically rotates it into it's schedule every year despite it having ended over a decade ago, I think it's safe to say it's pretty well liked.

Mojo Jojo's episodes in PPG tended to be my favorites. I think it's really the post-revival episodes that made his overuse seem obnoxious, since he was rather flanderized in those.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
That doesn't help your case.
Eh, what can I say, I really grew to dislike Drakken and Shego before long.

I still love Mojo, and I don't think he became that overdone until the end of the show. There were still enough episodes with Him, Fuzzy, the Gangreen Gang, and Princess, among the bunch of one or two-timers besides Mojo until the show started to dip in quality.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

That makes sense. Courage just seems underappreciated to me. People usually just mention EEnE, PPG, Dexter, etc. and Johnny Bravo seems to be more loved that Courage and we all know how flawed Johnny is.

Avaitor

I've never been as hot on Courage, but it's always had its fans.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2014, 01:57:09 PM
That makes sense. Courage just seems underappreciated to me. People usually just mention EEnE, PPG, Dexter, etc. and Johnny Bravo seems to be more loved that Courage and we all know how flawed Johnny is.
Courage will always be my favorite. :)

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2014, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2014, 01:57:09 PM
Courage will always be my favorite. :)
:thumbup:

Nameless

I don't get why How to Train Your Dragon is so popular. I adore Lilo & Stitch but somehow HTTYD comes up a little short for me. It doesn't feel like the masterpiece many think it is to me. I think I honestly liked The Croods better...mainly because it was prettier, but also because Chris Sanders's warmth and sincerity showed through more there.

Also, the villain in HTTYD2 being the only non-white human character in the whole movie rubbed me the wrong way.

gunswordfist

The Divide is a decent episode. I never hated it but the last time I watched it, I liked it and got a few good laughs. People claim its this awful filler episode but I don't see it. I think Book 1's, if not the entire show's worst episode is Cave Of Two Lovers but then again, my Katara hate may be amplifying my hatred of said episode. :sly: Anyway, I can't even think of any other bad filler episodes in Book 1. Just a few slower ones. I may need to rewatch Avatar Day though. This also makes me wonder if Book 3 has the most and/or overall worst set of filler episodes.

Spark Of Spirit

The Beach is probably the worst episode of the show to me. The Great Divide is merely boring.

I think the weakest part of Avatar has always been the early episodes of every season. For some reason the staff just jams all kinds of filler in there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't think The Beach was that bad but then maybe I'm too good at watching shows on "cruise control"

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 23, 2014, 09:03:16 PM
I don't think The Beach was that bad but then maybe I'm too good at watching shows on "cruise control"
I mainly don't like it because it really has no purpose for being there. As a character episode it doesn't work, as a comedy episode it falls flat, and as fanservice it would better served as a fanfic.

I don't think there's anything about it I like.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton