Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to be controversial and say I liked Clayface's origin episodes more than Two Face's.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 24, 2014, 04:24:12 PM
I'm going to be controversial and say I liked Clayface's origin episodes more than Two Face's.
Get the fuck off of my site.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Anyway, Baby Doll? Really? That's the one with the Gary Coleman girl, right?

Spark Of Spirit

:lol:

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 24, 2014, 04:33:18 PM
Anyway, Baby Doll? Really? That's the one with the Gary Coleman girl, right?
Yes, that's a strange one. The first 90% of the episode is really funny and ridiculous... until you get to the ending. Then it turns the whole episode around and you watch it again with a whole different perspective on not just her, but a lot of other villains in other episodes.

I think this episode has grown in popularity in recent years. I don't remember it being talked about much a long time ago.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I wasn't joking. >:(

I just remember some kid woman robbing banks or something and having a badass female bodyguard, "Whoa lady, you are good!""I'm better than good.". I'll rewatch it one day..when I finally sucessfully marathon the entire series. Three time's a charm?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that House and Garden is an underrated BTAS episode, seeing as how hardly anyone ever talks about it. Meanwhile, on the subject of good episodes that some of us might find to be a bit overrated, I'd actually go with Perchance to Dream, myself. Let's forget about how it made absolutely no sense for The Mad Hatter to go through so much effort to keep Batman alive in a dream world when he could've just killed him at any time. The actual episode itself, while interesting, is a pretty shallow jump into Bruce's psyche, honestly. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about the character in terms if how he really feels, and the symbolism is just the most basic stuff to the point where even a little kid could get it. Granted that....this is a kid's show, but I guess that's the minor gripe I have with this episode. There are other episodes in the series that had subtle undertones of more adult themes that went over my head until I re-watched them as an adult. I always thought that this would be one of those episodes, but looking back on it, while it's a solid episode that's worth a re-watch, I don't see any more to it than what's plainly presented to us on the surface.

Avaitor

My vote for the best might go to "Second Chance".
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I'm not sure which dream themed episode of Batman I prefer, Perchance to Dream or Over the Edge.

Spark Of Spirit

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 24, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 24, 2014, 09:50:16 PM
Over the Edge is a good episode.

That's an unpopular opinion?  ???
In some places it most definitely is.

I will go so far as to say if it wasn't a dream it would be a terrible episode.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, yeah, the episode only works because it's Barbara's worst-case scenario nightmare, where everything that she fears could go wrong goes wrong. If the episode wasn't a dream it would be annoying because Gordon acts out of character and the situation escalates too much to the extent of silliness.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 24, 2014, 10:42:51 PM
Well, yeah, the episode only works because it's Barbara's worst-case scenario nightmare, where everything that she fears could go wrong goes wrong. If the episode wasn't a dream it would be annoying because Gordon acts out of character and the situation escalates too much to the extent of silliness.
And, really, at a certain point it becomes fairly obvious it's a dream, you just aren't sure whose it is or what caused it or what it means.

People that were angry because it was a dream sort of miss the point that if it wasn't, the episode wouldn't work.

talonmalon333

I thought pretty much everyone agreed that Over the Edge and Mad Love were among the better episodes of the series.

gunswordfist

Hmm, I remember when I first started loving Batman TAS a few years ago, a friend of mine said that Over the Edge was the best episode so I assumed that it was a well loved one. I haven't seen it since I was a child so I can't judge it at all right now.