Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

My laptops battery decided it didn't want to charge anymore.

Grave

Back after about a week or 2 I think. I was busy relocating, and it took a bit to get the internet back up and running.

Nel_Annette

I was cashiering today and guess who came through my line?

The guy who did the Mr. Plinkett reviews. No joke. Too fucking awesome. I gave him this look and just asked "Red Letter Media?" and he nodded.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

I finally deactivated my Facebook account. It was the only remaining connection I really had to most of my friends from high school, but it was superficial at best. Aside from John and a couple others (who I see on a regular basis anyway), I hadn't actually talked to any of them in over a year. I logged in maybe once per month. That wasn't going to change. As far as old posts I'd made on it go, I'm glad to get that shit off the internet; some of them I'm quite embarrassed of.

LumRanmaYasha

I have never gotten a FaceBook account. Mostly, it's because I've always felt that any "friends" I'd have there would be superficial and ephemeral. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I still don't have one, but certainly, if it isn't serving you any purpose or pleasure anymore, then it's best to live without it.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 06, 2013, 12:21:44 PM
So this means I was unable to turn in an important assignment. I'm going really well in the course so it shouldn't hurt my grade much.

Foggle

That's horrible. :( I hope it turns out okay!

Commode

Quote from: Foggle on November 12, 2013, 12:40:13 AM
I finally deactivated my Facebook account. It was the only remaining connection I really had to most of my friends from high school, but it was superficial at best. Aside from John and a couple others (who I see on a regular basis anyway), I hadn't actually talked to any of them in over a year. I logged in maybe once per month. That wasn't going to change. As far as old posts I'd made on it go, I'm glad to get that shit off the internet; some of them I'm quite embarrassed of.
The only reason I still have mine is so I can talk to people via the chat when we are out to sea.  Hardly use it when I'm actually at home.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

TheEclecticDude

Still got a Facebook, if only to play games to pass the time and chat with a few people I know through there, but beyond that not much. Gotta go through and clean out my friend list at some point.

talonmalon333

I mainly use my facebook because my closest friends and I have a locked facebook group where we just hang out and post whatever.

Quote from: Comeau on November 12, 2013, 10:06:44 AM
The only reason I still have mine is so I can talk to people via the chat when we are out to sea.  Hardly use it when I'm actually at home.

Out to sea? What do you do out there?

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 12, 2013, 08:01:40 AM
Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 06, 2013, 12:21:44 PM
So this means I was unable to turn in an important assignment. I'm going really well in the course so it shouldn't hurt my grade much.
Apparently the due date has been extended, so it's all good.

On the subject of Facebook, I only keep mine around to share stuff I make in class and chat with friends I don't see often (which is a lot of them these days).

Avaitor

I still have friends that I talk to on Facebook, fairly regularly since some have issues with their phone. As well as some people I've met on the interwebs and still occasionally catch up with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 12, 2013, 12:56:08 PM
I mainly use my facebook because my closest friends and I have a locked facebook group where we just hang out and post whatever.

Quote from: Comeau on November 12, 2013, 10:06:44 AM

Out to sea? What do you do out there?
Uh, let's see.  We track other ships and aircraft, we do trials, we do basic patrolling, for most of the year we were sitting off the coast of Syria waiting, and it would've been pretty cool if we actually did launch something.  Basically we do a little of everything, but most importantly it's about presence.

I'm in the US Navy, in case you didn't know.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Well... it looks like I'm moving out of my parents house after the new year. Can't believe it took me this long honestly, but I'm really weird when it comes to living with other people, and only just now have I met someone that I get along with enough to consider them as a roommate. We're only signing a 3-month lease though, just in case it doesn't work out.

So hey, here's to new horizons.  :awesome: