What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I probably won't be able to get it for awhile. Right now gaming-wise my budget is allotted to Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 3DS for the summer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I want Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Golf but I've spent waaaay too much money already.

Daxdiv

Been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe. I like it more than Yoshi's New Island, if that's anything to go by. Do like some of the new abilities, like Beetle, Bell and Archer. Circus is the more "I have no idea what I'm doing" ability. Hypernova is pretty neat concept. I've only been playing the main story and I'm having fun by collecting the key chains and the Star Coins.

Spark Of Spirit

For those wondering about the first three Game Boy Mega Man games that are now out on the 3DS VC, I only have a few things to say.

The first is to skip them since Mega Man 1, 2, and 3, NES are on there and the second is to wait for Mega Man IV and V for actually being far more original and worth your time. The third is that there's no consistency in anything -the physics vary between all three games (why is climbing ladders faster in II than in III?) and the level design goes between mediocre, cheesy, and just plain boring.

Either buy the NES games or wait for IV and V instead.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Dust is free for Xbox Gold members and Saint's Row The Third will be free later this month. I can't wait. MS has done a decent job on the free games.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I never played it, so I have a question about this game that will assist in deciding if I will ever play it.

How relevant is Portable Ops to the main Metal Gear storyline? Does it push the overarching plot in any way (the way Peace Walker apparently does), or is it just a side story that doesn't really affect anything?

gunswordfist

You're still trying to follow MGS' story? You poor bastard...

talonmalon333

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 10, 2014, 12:45:32 PM
I never played it, so I have a question about this game that will assist in deciding if I will ever play it.

How relevant is Portable Ops to the main Metal Gear storyline? Does it push the overarching plot in any way (the way Peace Walker apparently does), or is it just a side story that doesn't really affect anything?

Hey Foggle, you're the resident expert on Metal Gear of this site. what do you think? :P

Foggle

It's been a long time since I last played Portable Ops, but I don't really remember it adding anything meaningful to the overall Metal Gear storyline. Also, I believe I read somewhere that it's actually been retroactively removed from the canon due to Kojima's lack of involvement with it.

It's a pretty fun game, though. One of the PSP's best IMO.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 01:56:39 PM
It's been a long time since I last played Portable Ops, but I don't really remember it adding anything meaningful to the overall Metal Gear storyline. Also, I believe I read somewhere that it's actually been retroactively removed from the canon due to Kojima's lack of involvement with it.

That's interesting. I also just noticed that it's not included among the "main games" in the series on Wikipedia, and wasn't packed into the Legacy Collection.

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 01:56:39 PMIt's a pretty fun game, though. One of the PSP's best IMO.

That's the thing, though. I'm sure it's good, but I need more than one reason to get a PSP.

Spark Of Spirit

Got a 3DS?

Download Mega Man IV Game Boy right now. Excellent game. Blows Mega Man 4 NES out of the water.

I also think it's better than 5 and 6, but it does MM4 better than 4 does.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I took a break from DMC3 because fighting Arkham on DMD mode is beyond frustrating to the point where I've just decided to spam items on him, but first I'll have to farm a massive quantity of red orbs in Bloody Palace mode in order to afford such items.

In the meantime, I decided to try my hand at DMC1 again for the first time in a long while, it shows just how simple in design this game is that I was just able to jump back in like that and managed (on Hard mode, no less) a and could still waste enemies without too much trouble. Of course, this is still new game + and I'm still in the early levels, so the game will get hard again soon enough, but overall it's definitely a lot tamer than having to deal with DMC3 on DMD mode. One thing that I love about this game over any other DMC game is that Dante feels so powerful in this one. Since it's not as focused on combos, enemies go down a lot quicker, but to balance things out they also deal far more damage to Dante himself. I kind of miss that in the sequels and reboot in which it really feels like each single attack only amounts to chip damage, at best, forcing you to chain together longer combos to maximize your damage output.

gunswordfist

Ugh, I just took a lunch break while trying to beat Gill. I'll get back at it soon.

gunswordfist

I beat Gill for the 2nd time ever. The last time I faced him, I got into a really good rhythm and it wasn't that hard to win. It still took me about 20 Game Overs to do though. :D

gunswordfist

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on Xbox Live for $4.94 (That's not a typo). I'm not sure how long the sell is nor do I know if you need Gold for it (forgot to check). I might get it myself.

Edit: You do need Gold and the deal is until the 19th.