What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Yoshi used to have the best music in the entire franchise. How'd we from this to this?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on August 07, 2014, 04:53:43 PM
Yoshi used to have the best music in the entire franchise. How'd we from this to this?

Probably because Miayamoto, along with Nintendo's best development teams, stopped giving a shit about anyone not named Mario or Link.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on August 07, 2014, 04:53:43 PM
Hopefully since Good Feel is doing it we'll get music at least on par with this and this. Composers with variety.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

On that shelf with the new Colony Wars, Motor Toon Grand Prix, Lemmings, Arc The Lad, Jumping Flash, Wipeout, PaRappa the Rapper, Tomba, Wild Arms, Alundra, Cool Boarders, Legend of Legaia, MediEvil, Ape Escape, Omega Boost, Syphon Filter, Vib Ribbon, Jak & Daxter, and Dark Cloud games, I'm sure.

Nintendo just can't compete with their lack of F-Zero and StarTropics games.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm up to the Epilogue chapter of Bayonetta on NSIC mode. I can see Jubileus being a bitch on this difficulty, but I'm still sure that I can handle her without too much trouble. The Lumen Sage was a pushover, even on this mode, and is only died to him once just because I failed a stupid QTE sequence. Overall I can conclude that this is probably the easiest "hardest" difficulty mode that I've played in a hack n' slash game, and like others it's not my preferred mode to play on, but it was still a pretty fun time.

It's a shame that I won't get to play Bayonetta 2 for quite a long time, but I'm certainly not going to whine about it being a Wii-U exclusive like some people are. It's good on Nintendo for securing exclusivity to what will easily be one of the best game of the year (certainly the best action game of the entire year).

gunswordfist

their lack of f-zero is fine since miyamoto doesn't like the series and it is not similar to other nintendo games.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 07, 2014, 01:06:32 PM
I can't believe Nintendo keeps handing this series to this team. They cannot make a game as good as the original Yoshi's Island, we know this. Stop giving them the series!

Here's hoping Wooly World is the Yoshi game we've been waiting for. Not being made by Artoon/Azerest and their tone-deaf composer should be a step up.

I'm not even expecting anything remotely close to the quality of the original Yoshi's Island. That's pretty hard to duplicate.

I simply want a nice platformer that's fun to just sit down and play. This...........this is not fun. Like I dunno, the gameplay, while admittedly being a bit on the clunky side, is certainly still manageable and not all that bad, but the music is just so fucking awful I can't do it. Like I tried playing it again today, the music really is that bad. I may not ever finish it for that reason alone.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The dilemma with the Yoshi games really reminds me of what's so wrong with the Ninja Gaiden series right now. These developers have a single masterpiece of a game to take inspiration from. It's the perfect template to work off of, and it's what fans want more of, even if it's not necessarily the most original sequel. Instead they do a bunch of things with each new game that are either good on paper but executed poorly, or more often than not aren't good ideas to begin with, and stuff that nobody asked for or wanted. The level design and music in both series also get progressively more lazy, and the games begin to feel more and more distant than what made the originals so great (or in the case of The 3D NG games, NGB being the one that's the perfect template).

Both of these series really need an adrenaline shot or something to get the momentum going in the right direction. I'm tired of seeing series with so much potential being dragged through the mud.

On another note, I finally finished Bayonetta on NSIC mode. I actually beat the boss without dying, but then I failed 5 times on that fucking stupid ass section where you have to dodge the planets and still got a stone award. Fuck you and your need to add in completely pointless sections that don't have anything to do with the main gameplay style, Kamiya.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 08, 2014, 12:48:20 AM
Both of these series really need an adrenaline shot or something to get the momentum going in the right direction. I'm tired of seeing series with so much potential being dragged through the mud.
That's why I'm kinda hyped for Yoshi's Wolly World, as the gameplay there seems to be an actual advancement on the gameplay ideas of Yoshi's Island and, to an extent, Yoshi's Story.

As for what I'm currently playing? Jumping between Metroid Prime Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and 3D Classics: Kid Icarus.

gunswordfist

Nel_Annette

Just turned on Pokemon X for the first time in months, and the first Pokemon I encounter in the wild? A shiny Foongus. Repeat Ball'd that sucker.  :huh:

gunswordfist