What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

MGS5 is coming to PC.

Looks like I might not need to get a PlayStation 4, after all.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still not seeing much reason outside of a handful of games to not go PC/Wii U. Whatever I'd miss is really peanuts compared to the money I'd save.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I want a PS4 for Ratchet & Clank. That series will always be a system seller for me.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

and ubusuna, the director of ikaruga, radiant silvergun and gradius v, is working on a ps4 only arcade shooter with m2, the studio behind gradius, contra and castlevania rebirth.

gunswordfist

5:01 p.m. today, i beat herocore. once i got past a certain boss, the last two bosses took only about two tries to beat. then i tried hero forever mode. this is probably my favorite black and white game since link's awakening. the bosses were great, like they said and so was the music.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just beat DMC3 on Heaven or Hell mode, which made me wonder just what the point of this mode was, anyways. I mean, it's an interesting concept with you all enemies as well as yourself being susceptible to death in just one hit, but they probably should have only applied that to melee attacks to at least provide some form of challenge. As it is, you can spam Ebony and Ivory throughout the entire game, and it basically becomes an utter joke. Still, it was an easy achievement to get and literally took under an hour to complete, so it certainly wasn't a waste of time. Now I only have 2 achievement left to get in this game. One is to complete Bloody Palace mode, and the other is to attain an S-Rank on all missions in the game (which can be done on any difficulty setting). I've cleared over half of BP mode before; and at that, I could've gotten higher than 5,700 floors, but chose to let myself die since my goal at that time was just getting a ton of red orbs to purchase a bunch of healing items for the Arkham and Vergil fights on DMD mode. Compared to that, the S-Rank run may be a bit tougher, but I may attempt it anyways.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 18, 2014, 08:22:13 PMSo, it basically became Contra?  ;)

Well, in Contra you don't have an auto-aim function, so the game is actually challenging. This game has enemies that usually use melee attacks over ranged ones (with the exception being bosses, who have a good variety of both), and you automatically shoot the nearest enemy no matter what, so naturally it's much easier. Like I said, it's an interesting concept, just not executed well. It could have been more challenging if they threw in more enemies like The Fallen, which utterly suck on any other mode, but are kind of fun on this mode since you have to take out their shield before you can kill them, and then once you do they die in one hit like every other enemy.

The only times I died on this mode were with the obstacles in certain platforming sections, like the rotating blades and such.

Now, Hell and Hell mode, which was implemented first in DMC4, is a whole different story. It basically sets enemies and bosses to Son of Sparda difficulty with full health, whereas you still die in one hit. God bless the players who have managed to clear that mode.

Kiddington

How did we ever play Pokemon games before the VS Seeker was a thing?

I'm playing Crystal right now (found my old copy and replaced the battery - looks like I've got 7 more years of saves!  :happytime:), and while basking in the nostalgia is fun, the level grinding in these older games is an insufferable, mind-numbing task if there ever was one. You can't get any EXP off of wild encounters (the best thing I can find early-game is Bellsprout, and they only give you like 60 or so a piece, whereas even the worst trainer battles are upwards of 200+ each), and it just feels like those said trainer battles are way too few and far between in this game. I dunno, I mean I like the old games in their own way, it's what I grew up with and all, but I've definitely gotten spoiled with the bells and whistles from the newer installments.

One other thing too; the lack of running shoes is killer. I don't have the bike yet, so moving around just feels painstakingly slow at this point.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I decided to try DMC3 on Easy mode for S-ranks, and I managed to get an S for the first 3'missions on my first try for each, so I've decided that this run is pretty doable after all, just for the sake of the achievement. After that the only thing left will be BP mode, which should be a piece of cake if I use Super Dante to grind my way through it. After that I'll have every achievement for DMC3, and I'll probably just focus on my Vergil playthrough from there.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just got an SS-rank on Mission 4 and an S-rank on missions 5 and 6, with my first attempt on each, so yeah, this run is totally doable.

Nel_Annette

Started the first Borderlands yesterday and I got the collector's edition of Tales Of Xillia 2 today. There was a bit of a problem with everyone's download codes for the alternate costumes not working earlier but now it's sorted out.

Even cooler is that when I entered the code, not only did the alternate costumes unlock in Xillia 2 but in the first game as well.

gunswordfist

started rondo of blood, got a 2nd character and to the 3rd level. this game is hard. not as hard as bloodlines. i started it again today and still could not get past stage 2.

talonmalon333

Probably my second favorite Castlevania, after SotN.