What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Nah, the only Playstation I ever had was the first. I have played a decent chunk of 3 ages ago, and it's a hell of an experience. I was just wondering if it was worth trying it out on the 3DS for when I finally get it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on April 05, 2015, 08:34:55 PM
Nah, the only Playstation I ever had was the first. I have played a decent chunk of 3 ages ago, and it's a hell of an experience. I was just wondering if it was worth trying it out on the 3DS for when I finally get it.

In that case, the 3DS version is fine as long as you get the Circle Pad Pro. They aren't expensive at all, and without one, you can't really control the camera, which is the same problem that MGS Portable Ops apparently had and was criticized for. The Circle Pad Pro fixes the only big flaw in the 3DS port. But one way or another, MGS3 is a must-play. Especially because, if I remember correctly, you're a fan of MGS1. In terms of story it has a simplicity more akin to 1, avoiding the craziness of 2 and stupidity of 4. And gameplay-wise it has a lot to offer.

Foggle

MGS3's story is pretty crazy, but in a good way.

Can't say I've heard much positive about the 3DS version, but if you don't plan on getting a PS2/3 or 360, it's probably alright. You won't get MG1 and 2 with it, though. :(

Spark Of Spirit

So for my Club Nintendo reward I picked Yoshi's New Island. I guess I'll see how well this stacks up to the original game soon enough.

I just can't believe they can't get a new sound guy. The music in the post YI games are so bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I, uh, got Metroid Fusion. I guess Razor's Edge really wasn't worth buying, huh? :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

A free platformer is a free platformer.

If NG1 or 2 was there I would have jumped at it, but Razor's Edge? Maybe if they downloaded it directly to my Wii U for no cost to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

In the end I spent $11 for a reward worth $8. Not exactly a free platformer at that point. :shit:

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 05, 2015, 11:29:06 PM
MGS3's story is pretty crazy, but in a good way.

I'd say the same for MGS2, at least to a certain extent.

I was just referring to the fact that some prefer the simplicity of MGS1's character-driven story, and 3 is more along the lines of that. I don't think it's that crazy.

Avaitor

Spark, what are the top TG16 games to get from the VC?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on April 06, 2015, 10:41:27 PM
Spark, what are the top TG16 games to get from the VC?
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Bomberman '94
Ys Book I & II
Lords of Thunder
Dragon's Curse
Monster Lair
Dynastic Hero
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Air Zonk
Bonk's Adventure
Bonk's Revenge
Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
Splatterhouse
Chew Man Fu
New Adventure Island
Ninja Spirit
R-Type
Blazing Lazers
Bloody Wolf

There are also a lot of shooters I haven't played that are really good. Also, I don't know if they are all still on the e-shop or have been removed since I bought them.

Avaitor

Wow, thanks! I'll double check when I get the chance.

New blog!

Foggle

I recorded some thrilling footage of an endgame Final Fantasy Type-0 boss fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU2ZPHcN9GQ

Spark Of Spirit