What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

That's not standard, based off of last gen, though. I wonder how it's all going to end up like.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

A shame they feel the need to put out another new console already. The Wii U is a great system that deserved better marketing and a name that wouldn't confuse parents.

Spark Of Spirit

The problem is that I don't see Nintendo being able to do anything to attract anyone new. Third parties haven't given them a serious look since the SNES. Nothing they do is going to make these companies release games for them.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 15, 2015, 12:50:22 PM
That's not standard, based off of last gen, though. I wonder how it's all going to end up like.
Last gen HAD to go longer. MS and Sony took that long to make any profit off the HD mess. Both companies lost a lot of money in the first four years of the gen. If they would have bailed out at five, their video game divisions probably would have been shuttered.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That makes sense.

I hope this is another longer gen because I'm not going to get either console until years from now. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The copy of Woolly World I preordered two E3s ago for that discount price just came in today. That was unexpected. I forgot it was out today.

Time to give this a go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I have no idea what's going on with my pre-order. I didn't get it in the mail today, and I can't log in to GameStop's site either to see what's up with it...

Spark Of Spirit

That's odd. Do you usually get the games on their release day, or do they only ship then? Amazon always ships preorders early so that they get to their destination on release day. And sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised like when I got Arrow season 3 a week early.

Foggle

Turns out I set it for in-store pickup, so I just need to drive up and get it. :sweat: I only ordered from GameStop so I could get the Amiibo bundle; I usually buy games from Amazon.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, I beat World 1. That secret level was all kinds of tough. It was the first time I've outright died in a Yoshi game in a long time.

Anyway, after only one world, short of the level design getting really bad (which has yet to happen in a Good Feel game) not only is this better than Epic Yarn, but it might be Good Feel's best game. It's certainly the best Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island by a fair amount, wiping out the bad taste from New Island being the game I've wanted in the series since the SNES original.

Also, that soundtrack is another great turn from Good Feel. Yoshi's been due for a soundtrack this good for a long time. Just as he's been due a game this good since the SNES.

I hope this is the game that finally gives Good Feel the respect they deserve. They've all but been ignored by platformer fans despite all three of their games being excellent.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 16, 2015, 04:50:16 PM
Well, I beat World 1. That secret level was all kinds of tough. It was the first time I've outright died in a Yoshi game in a long time.
I love the super hard secret levels in Retro's Donkey Kong games, so this is good news. :)

QuoteAlso, that soundtrack is another great turn from Good Feel. Yoshi's been due for a soundtrack this good for a long time. Just as he's been due a game this good since the SNES.
What, you didn't like New Island's beautiful OST? :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 16, 2015, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 16, 2015, 04:50:16 PM
I love the super hard secret levels in Retro's Donkey Kong games, so this is good news. :)
I can't say much for the other secret levels, but that one was brutal.

Quote from: Foggle on October 16, 2015, 07:08:25 PM
QuoteAlso, that soundtrack is another great turn from Good Feel. Yoshi's been due for a soundtrack this good for a long time. Just as he's been due a game this good since the SNES.
What, you didn't like New Island's beautiful OST? :lol:
This compared to this in just the underground themes.

Yeah, not much competition there.  ;)

Nel_Annette

Visited Best Buy and Target. Managed to snag a Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo (and Shulk was in stock!) but Blue was sold out at both stores. Best Buy had a few of the Amiibo bundles for Wooly World, but my order went through online so I gotta wait.

Daxdiv

Mostly beat the first world in Yoshi's Wooly World and I am impressed with this game. Pretty good controls and game play. The only thing I'm gonna have to get used to is probably trying to use one of my Yarn Yoshi in co-op. Maybe I'll save that for later after beating the game, so that way I'm less distracted. Other than that, the amiibo support is pretty good. I kinda like going around a level playing with a Ness skin or a Little Mac skin or even Duck Hunt skin.

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, I used the Sonic game for one level and you can almost mistake Yoshi for Sonic, especially when running. The costumes are pretty well done.

I'm only two worlds down, but I'm really digging this. Best Yoshi game in yeeeaaars.

Foggle

Picked up my Woolly World at GameStop today. They had a PS4 kiosk with a playable demo of the new Ratchet & Clank game. I only got to play it for a couple of minutes, but I can already tell it's going to be great. The graphics really are that good, and while it may run at 30fps, it's got to be the smoothest 30 I've felt since Vanquish - much better than Into The Nexus. The controls are really tight and fluid, the weapons and crate physics feel more akin to the PS2 titles than the Future saga, and, though the default control scheme is the same as ITN, I noticed that you can actually use the O button to fire again (hopefully the full version lets you have auto-lock-on again). I was really impressed! :joy: :joy: