What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2015, 12:19:41 AM
"The Brave and the Bold" is around when the first season was starting to come together for me. "Injustice for All" and "Legends" are my other season 1 favorites before the finale.

Oh, I have to write a paper for one of my classes soon, and my professor wants me to choose from a big list of films he has posted, preferably one that we haven't seen yet. One of the movies in there is Anastasia, which I have not seen since I was in single digits. And my professor is cool with me going in that direction.

So I'm deciding between that and the recent Dredd.
Heh, I haven't seen Anastasia since I was in the single digits myself. Making me sound young. I've heard nothing but good things about the recent Judge Dredd.

I remember Spark saying Injustice For All was when the show really came together.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 27, 2015, 12:30:55 AM
I still remember when I attempted to blog all of Justice League, but that crashed when I rewatched season one and went through over ten episodes of trash. Even after I got through that and was about to write about Legends, I just had no resolve left thanks to both college and disappointment at how bad some of those episodes were. One day, I might go back to continue it, but it's a low priority compared to other stuff I'm working on.
I don't blame ya. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 27, 2015, 01:10:55 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2015, 12:19:41 AM
"The Brave and the Bold" is around when the first season was starting to come together for me. "Injustice for All" and "Legends" are my other season 1 favorites before the finale.

Oh, I have to write a paper for one of my classes soon, and my professor wants me to choose from a big list of films he has posted, preferably one that we haven't seen yet. One of the movies in there is Anastasia, which I have not seen since I was in single digits. And my professor is cool with me going in that direction.

So I'm deciding between that and the recent Dredd.
Heh, I haven't seen Anastasia since I was in the single digits myself. Making me sound young. I've heard nothing but good things about the recent Judge Dredd.

I remember Spark saying Injustice For All was when the show really came together.
Yeah that was the episode where it felt like having the whole team together really mattered. A bunch of the first half of the season was just throwing stuff against a wall to make it work and a lot of it didn't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

People like to say how rocky B:TAS can be, but early into its run, the show was already doing "Two-Face" and "Heart of Ice", while Justice League was still making "War World" at its same point of time.

The show definitely recovered, but it shouldn't really be a surprise whenever I bring up how long it took me to become a fan. Even as a kid, the earliest batch did little for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Just finished Legends and watched Fury today. First off, I'm confused by this "better than working for Luthor talk" with Shade and Grundy saying they worked for Lex before and were defeated by the Justice League and Luthor showing up in Legends. I thought he showed up first in Injustice For All? Was Injustice For All originally supposed to be before both stories? Google says that they are the same number as they are on Netflix but I think the DVDs had IFA before Fury and Legends. I am so confused.

Anyway, Fury was alright and I liked Legends. I am always a sucker for stories that are much darker than they seem at first. Also, that "And on a Sunday too!" line kills me. :D :D

gunswordfist

And I watched Injustice For All earlier. Only about 40 episodes to watch until Monday. :(

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like you won't get to the other stuff you wanted to watch after all. But at least you've gotten to where the series starts being consistently good now!

gunswordfist

I'm making it to Regular Show, dammit! :oo:

But yeah, the show is has started to really hit its groove.

gunswordfist

I finished Justice League season 1 early this morning. Before the season finale, I started with the Morgan Le Fay episodes some time before midnight and then Metamorphosis.

A Knight Of Shadows and Metamorphosis have a thing in common - they are not so good episodes that have a few funny parts. The part where Etrigan lectures the league while pacing back and forth and then Wonder slaps him hard was the best part. :D A Knight Of Shadows is an episode with a half decent villain (I kind of like Morgan Le Fay) and a decent hero that are put into a pretty boring plot. Also, the worse part is that they made Martian Manhunter look so bad. I honestly wonder if this episode made a lot of fans hate him. I really don't see anyone sympathizes with him in this one. Not the way they wrote it.

Metamorphosis..ugh. This almost seems like they animated something that should have been left on the cutting room floor. First they start out with the wacky looking villain. It's like watching another, worser show already. Then they realize Rex who is like the corniest character in the show. Arguably even moreso than anyone from Legends. At least why those guys are corny actually makes sense. You could tell the writers thought Maso was supposed to come off as cool. Then the rest of the episode consists of Superman, MM and GL jobbing to Metamorpho of all people, Superman has major PIS against monster Stagg (Kal is a genius scientist with Ice breath. It should have been an easy win here) and Stagg, Mason and GL all overreacted throughout. It's a pretty nutty episode and mostly not in a good way.

Thank God for Savage Time. I'm a sucker for time traveling superhero stories. The war gave all of the JL a lot to do, sans Batman (which makes sense since he'd have a stroke at the sight of a war) .

With season one complete, I would say that it has 9 good episodes out of 26 (The Brave And The Bold, Legends, Injustice For All, Savage Time 3 parter). Whoa..I expected the 2nd half to pick up but that didn't really happen. I'll start Season 2 in the next hour.

gunswordfist

I watched Twilight and Tabula Rasa (just part 1) today. Hopefully season 2 will keep up this pace.  :)

Avaitor

I don't recall a bad episode in the bunch, honestly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Only a Dream is one of my favorites.

I believe season 2 as a whole was just awesome. Might be the best season in all the DCAU.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Well, I'm sure I'll watch it next time Netflix gets Justice League. :srs:

Avaitor

New blog!