Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Avaitor

What time is it on?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Avaitor

Nice! I've been wanting to rewatch this for a while.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

The commercials certainly don't make it look appealing, but I'll try and tune in.

Lord Dalek

Prepare to be bored to death waiting for a Digimon episode to start.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 14, 2013, 01:27:51 PM
The commercials certainly don't make it look appealing, but I'll try and tune in.
Yeah, that's why I won't be watching it on Toonami. That, and I'm going to bed early tonight.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on December 14, 2013, 01:47:34 PM
Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 14, 2013, 01:27:51 PMThe commercials certainly don't make it look appealing, but I'll try and tune in.
Yeah, that's why I won't be watching it on Toonami.

Because a commercial is always the best way to judge something. :humhumhum:

But, you know, whatever. Personally, I agree with the guy who wrote this review.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 14, 2013, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 14, 2013, 01:47:34 PM
Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 14, 2013, 01:27:51 PMThe commercials certainly don't make it look appealing, but I'll try and tune in.
Yeah, that's why I won't be watching it on Toonami.

Because a commercial is always the best way to judge something. :humhumhum:

But, you know, whatever. Personally, I agree with the guy who wrote this review.
Oh, I interpreted his post wrong. I personally meant that I won't be watching it on Toonami because commercials would slow down the flow of the movie. :sweat:

LumRanmaYasha

I liked their promo for it myself.

It's understandable to not want to watch it on Toonami because of the commercials. I mean, it'll last three hours with them, which is kind of a lot to sit through so late at night. I'll be watching, though. Hopefully [adult swim] live video doesn't keep buffering on me like it did for the first half of Akira.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on December 14, 2013, 02:08:44 PMOh, I interpreted his post wrong. I personally meant that I won't be watching it on Toonami because commercials would slow down the flow of the movie. :sweat:

Or perhaps I'm the one who misinterpreted his post? :huh:

I just assumed that he was talking about the Toonami promo, which isn't quite the promo that I would've gone with, but I guess it serves its purpose for setting up the story.

Well, whatever. I think anyone who has time to watch it tonight should definitely give it a shot if they haven't already seen it, unless you have another way to watch it (presumably a legal one) without commercials, in which case I say go for it whenever you get that opportunity. :thumbup:

Nel_Annette

What? I said I'd still watch it.  :lol:

The commercial just didn't make it look interesting to me. I saw a bunch of zany stuff on screen. When I heard everyone talking about Summer Wars when it originally came out, I just assumed it was some anime rom-com or something. So seeing the commercial just kind of left me speechless.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, there are rom-com elements in it, but those are kept extremely light and mostly in the background. As for the zany imagery, all I can say is that it just really works well in the context of the film. Seeing it in an out-of-context commercial isn't really going to do much for you. Personally, I think those are some of the most interesting and distinguished visuals of the film, myself.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just finished re-watching it. This movie was every bit as awesome as I remembered it being. ;D

I also love how the main character of this movie is clearly modeled after Izzy from Digimon, rather than Tai.

Nel_Annette

Was pretty good. Kind of dragged in the beginning, but it got better as the film went on.