Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

that was a pretty good movie. i haven't bothered sitting through an entire anime movie since fusion reborn. lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

i might miss hellsing tonight. dammit.

gunswordfist

whoa, the elrics are pretty out of character. they walk right up next to a soldier that gets killed by ice spikes and don't as much as look at him. they literally acted like the girl's life was the only important one. this reminds me of reading a review for the all-star superman movie where the writer said a few frozen prisoners got killed by parasite and superman ignored them to go save luthor. also, one guy recently died that ed was talking to and then about a dozen more people got killed by the same chimera but ed just went on about the same one guy. the hell?

gunswordfist

that was one generic villain/plot twist. and they decided to bring winry to a warzone because...?

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 14, 2014, 02:30:11 AMand they decided to bring winry to a warzone because...?

So she can repair/upgrade Ed's automail.

The writers didn't really utilize that, though, so she just wound up being superfluous in this movie.

gunswordfist

it was actually just a checkup. she didn't even know ed ruined his automail again (hence her not having the right parts). my point really is way before they got there, way before things got worse, they knew people were getting killed left and right. not the ideal place to bring a teenage civilian. lol

gunswordfist

yay broly. i'll probably skip akira though.

Rynnec

It had Cha-la Head Cha-la,. 10/10

Unfortunately it has no Pantera, so ultimately it's back to 0/10

gunswordfist

ugh at no pantera. seriously. cooler not having the us ost was bad enough. also, roshi saying he's drunk reminds me that i have never s..whoa that alien kid got whipped hard..seen this movie uncut.

gunswordfist

oops, did i blow it up? his urkel moment is probably the greatest part of the movie.

gunswordfist

i will watch all of akira after all. it has been 10 or more years. i always did like the bike scene in this boring movie. i DEFINITELY will be skipping nge though.

gunswordfist

akira is a lot better than i remember. also, i really really hate tetsuo.

Daikun

You know what Toonami should have done last night?

Air the Streamline dub as a sick prank. :happytime:

gunswordfist

there's always april.

Daikun