Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

PlatinumGames' JP had this to say:

"I've been in LA this week, but if the game was cancelled, I certainly don't know about it."

Thank god.

Foggle

Oh wow, what the fuck, Grasshopper?

Skrillex? Five Finger Death Punch? Dragonforce? Children of Bodom? I thought you guys made "punk rock games?" What with this lame shit!? Where's the goddamn punk?!

Spark Of Spirit

Ugh. Why does nobody try other styles of music other than genera rock for games?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
Ugh. Why does nobody try other styles of music other than genera rock for games?
I really expected better from Grasshopper than fucking Skrillex and Children of Bodom. Seriously, the title of No More Heroes was inspired by The Stranglers! Their company motto is "punk's not dead!" C'mon, guys. :(

Eddy

Capcom is at it again!

I never played Asura's Wrath, nor do I have any desire too, but apparently Capcom has some DLC planned for it. The true ending to the game. So you want to see the game's real ending?

Just give Capcom more money! :blush:

Rynnec

Dammit Capcom! And just when I was about to rent the game too.

Spark Of Spirit

The worst April Fool's day prank ever.

Quote1st April ? Nintendo is proud to announce the opening of a brand new software development studio in the heart of the English countryside. Established just outside the village of Henley-in-Arden, 20miles south of Birmingham, Phoenix Games? is already hard at work on the research and development of three brand new projects for Nintendo?s Wii U? Video Game Console, and Nintendo 3DS?.

Leading this new studio are video game veteran?s Tim and Chris Stamper. Perhaps best well known for their previous studio Rareware?, based in Twycross. Tim and Chris have exclusively worked on Nintendo platforms for nearly thirty years, and following the sale of Rareware? to Microsoft in 2002 have been eager to return to Nintendo?s family.

?We?ve always felt at home developing on Nintendo systems, we share the same mentality, thought process and care for our titles and properties. We?ve found working with Nintendo over these past few months exhilarating and are blown away by their plans for the Wii U?.? says Tim, whilst his brother Chris had this to say ?We left Nintendo in 2002, and shortly after we realised something wasn?t right with Microsoft. We cut our losses and left Rare in early 2007. Early last year when Reggie Fils-Aime gave us a call and decided to share with us the first details of ?Project Cafe?, as it was then known, it instantly sparked our interest. They truly have one amazing machine with the Wii U? and we cannot wait to show the world what it can do at E3 in June.?

Tim and Chris are also joined by famed-developer and long-term friend David Doak, best known as the producer for both Goldeneye 007? and Perfect Dark? on the N64? video game system.

About Phoenix Games

Founded in 2011, Phoenix Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. We?re a state-of-the-art team working closely with our partners in Japan to bring cutting-edge games to Nintendo platforms such as the Wii U?.
Our studio is located in beautiful Henley-in-Arden, Hertfordshire. With rolling hills to the north, rivers threading through town, abundant wildlife, and a laid-back, cosmopolitan culture, Henley is a dynamic and truly wonderful place to live. With plentiful outdoor activities and a vibrant, diverse music scene, there?s something for everyone in Henley, especially if you?re a connoisseur of all things barbecue.
Our team is composed of industry veterans and leaders with decades of experience creating compelling games for the global market. Led by Tim and Chris Stamper, famous for the award-winning Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong Country? series which reflect our passion, creativity, and dedication to excellence, and we?re working hard to ensure our future titles uphold the industry-leading Nintendo standard of quality.?

About Nintendo

The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii? home console, Nintendo 3DS? and Nintendo DS? family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System?, Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 620 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi? and Nintendo DSi? XL, as well as the Game Boy?, Game Boy Advance?, Super NES?, Nintendo? 64 and Nintendo GameCube? systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario?, Donkey Kong?, Metroid?, Zelda? and Pok?mon?. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo?s operations in Europe.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Spark Of Spirit

I think we should just turn the MML3 thread into the "Capcom is terrble" thread.

This is just getting sad.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 02, 2012, 02:09:26 PM
I think we should just turn the MML3 thread into the "Capcom is terrble" thread.

This is just getting sad.

Seconded.

I just read that article Eddy posted and all the comments and I agree with everyone saying that there is a HUGE difference between content that's already on the disc and content that was obviously made after the game went Gold. I plan to buy the "The Wrath of the Lamb" DLC for Binding of Isaac when it comes to Steam later in the month, since this is a good example of DLC that was planned out after the game launched. Capcom having a code you have to buy to get the other characters however isn't something I want to support.

Foggle

Rosalinas Spare Wand

http://youtu.be/HqZiWTYXl7s

Holy shit, how has no one managed to make an easy as fuck lightsaber dueling game yet?

Foggle

Eddy

That Star Wars thing leaves me a loss for words. But I wouldn't say it's killing Star Wars any worse than all the shit George has already done to it.

My friends were trying to defend Capcom's shit today. Telling me that they're a business and what not. Bullshit. They're a business, yes, but fucking over your fans and pulling crap like they have is NO way to run a business. I don't see how anyone can honestly DEFEND Capcom for the crap they've been pulling this gen.

Rynnec

I got hit with the "It's business" BS card as well (for both Capcom, and more recently, DRM's). That argument completely misses the point on why these practices are bad, if not downright harmful to the industry as a whole.